SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Some close friends say I must be part Finlander because I'm always in the sauna or hot tub lol I certainly grew up around a lot of them and I think the culture rubbed off on a lot of us.

I set the 10" for a goodbye observation (selling it) and went inside for a bit to wait until the moon set. I stepped outside to this- heres my observations tonight.  I forgot about the scope and went into the hot tub to take these and stare up in amazement.

I'm so fortunate to live here .

Taken with a 3 second exposure with my I Phone 11 handheld,no processing.

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

Edited by jetstream
  • Like 24

3 minutes ago, 900SL said:

Apparently there is quite a show this week. Unfortunately cloudy and fog here at the moment

Great to know, maybe I should dig out the Quark to see whats happening on the sun too. I hope you get to see them- they were incredibly bright last night, at times drowning out Polaris.

56 minutes ago, jetstream said:

any idea how to get them a bit smaller?

On a PC: insert the image, ctrl and right click on the image, select 'edit image', make sure 'keep aspect ratio' is ticked, reduce pixel size, click update

• Like 1

1 hour ago, globular said:

On a PC: insert the image, ctrl and right click on the image, select 'edit image', make sure 'keep aspect ratio' is ticked, reduce pixel size, click update

Ok, so I drag it into the box here then do that? Sorry- I have good eyes but am basically useless with computers 😐. Thanks for the help, Gerry

Insert an image in your post and you'll have something like this:

image.png.bcd17de396269916d66293ebcc2b0007.png

Press CTRL and right click on the image in the post.... and you'll get this:

image.png.101c493d60d8b9a6aff1c67b6ac545d9.png

Click on 'Edit Image' and you'll get this window:

image.png.b74ecdf559eaf2b2b2445ceb883b4028.png

Make sure 'Keep original aspect ratio' is ticked.

Then, if you want to halve the size of the image, halve the number in the width box.  In this case change the 282 into 140 or so.

Cluck update and you get this:

image.png.00796d4c04fa295ab1e5bfeaf6442b5a.png

... and snoopy is about half the size.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, globular said:

Amazing images.  Please share as many as you have... now you can fit them all it, haha.

Sure! Thank you very much, I wasnt sure if there would be a bunch of interest. Tonight should be stunning too- I want a "new" (gently used) DSLR for the aurora, but know very little. My buddy, my former millwright offered me his Canon 6D to try but didnt take him up on his very generous offer. I know I want low noise at high ISO but thats about it..Hes a semi pro photographer in retirement, weddings etc

• Like 1