Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

International Astronomy Show 2022

FLO

FLO will be at the International Astronomy Show 2022 🔭

The IAS was started by astronomers (Graham & Martin) for astronomers and has grown into a major event with excellent lectures and approx thirty vendors / exhibitors. 

-------

Dates: Friday 14th & Saturday 15th. 

Venue: The Warwick Suite Complex, Stoneleigh Park, CV8 2LH

Tickets: Book your tickets online HERE

-------

Our stall is opposite Pulsar Observatories (they are revealing an all-new observatory) so is easy to find. 

We are there to meet customers (not easy for an online business) and reveal a number of new astronomy products and services:

1. Tony Owens from Shebumi Astro Engineering will reveal new 'modernisation service' for Sky-Watcher EQ8 series mounts (essentially mount upgrade kits, on steroids!). 
  2. Alverez from AstronScientific and Gary palmer from Astro Courses will reveal two new premium rotators: One for cameras, capable of carrying high payloads, and another that enables four Daystar Quarks to be combined into a single imaging rig. 
  3. A pre-production prototype of a new StellaLyra Parrellogram Mount for binocular astronomy. Beautifully engineered, this new mount will go into production soon. Hopefully in time for Christmas! 
  4. Our new Remote Observatory project in Spain is almost finished (will post more soon) so Grant will be showing one of the imaging rigs available for lease. 
  5. Ian King will be there with iOptronParamount astronomy mounts and some telescopes from Takahashi, StellaMira, Sharpstar, William Optics Celestron RASA & Meade ACF. And, of course, ZWO cameras
  6. StellaLyra Dobsonian telescopes. Manufactured for us by Long Perng in Taiwan, these relatively new telescopes have already made 'StellaLyra' a respected brand. 

Rob (FLO's Ops manager), James (financial manager), Chris (Astro La Vista & Helpdesk) and Daz (SGL) will also be there.

All are amateur astronomers. None are sales people (we won't even have a card-reader with us so are unable to process payments).

If however you like what you see and think you might buy later, please ask for a show discount code. 

Also, we hate taking kit home after an event so if you wish to buy (you'll need a smartphone to access our website) and take away one of the display items, please ask for a generous discount.

Hope to see you there 🤗

• Like 3

This year's lectures are presented by: 

Friday 14th

Milissa Gillone                           10.00am         11.00am

Prof Michael Merrifield             11.15am          12.15pm

Gary Palmer                                1.00pm           2.00pm

Prof Martin Barstow                   2.15pm           3.15pm

Prof Leigh Fletcher                    3.30pm          4.30pm

Saturday 15th

David Harland                           10.00am          11.00am

Michael Morris                          11.15am           12.15pm

Peter Jenkins                              1.00pm            2.00pm

Prof Nial Tavir                             2.15pm             3.15pm

Prof Allan Chapman                   3.30pm            4.30pm

I hope to there on Friday. So I’ll make a point of dropping by.

In fact I’m glad you’ve posted this reminder because it’s gone very quiet on the IAS front.

In fact I was going to suggest you offer  badges or stickers to SGL members so we can spot one another. :)   Probably too late to organise that now. 

On 08/10/2022 at 16:21, RobertI said:

I’m going to treat myself to a day off and come and enjoy the show. Some exciting looking new products to look forward to. 

Now booked in for Friday, I have a long list of things to investigate and possible things to buy (mostly accessories) as I don’t want to be too aimless. Booked in for Millisa Gillone’s talk on galaxy clusters. 👍

Also just booked for Friday and booked for the starting lecture on galaxy clusters. Looking forward to this. I have dew management on the primary shopping list but also looking forward to see what books i can pick up (maybe on the Webb Deep Sky Society stand). oooh and maybe a look at the two piers from Rowan. 😓

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alan White said:

I am going Saturday, hope to see some folks walking about.
As always, look forward to looking at all the at kit, all so temptin of course, 
thankfully wallet is a tad challenged so should keep me in check......wel for now anyway.

Keep away from those eyepiece stands, Alan 😊

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alan White said:

As always, look forward to looking at all the at kit,

There won't be any left - I'm going Friday! 😆 Seriously I am a bit financially challenged at the moment, so it's probably going to be some accessories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RobertI said:

There won't be any left - I'm going Friday! 😆 Seriously I am a bit financially challenged at the moment, so it's probably going to be some accessories.

Ah yes, the fatal word: acce$$ories 

😊

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Ah yes, the fatal word: acce$$ories 

😊

I am also going to 'investigate' some bigger ticket items, for future reference of course:

• See a 12" Dob in the flesh and see how big they actually are
  • Fondle an AZ75 
  • Have a play with an iOptron Pro - possible future mount for EAA
  • Investigate alternative binoviewers like MaxBrights and the linear mirror BVs 

And my accessory purchases might extend to some Baader Wonder fluid. And a new dew controller. And possibly a new power pack. Damn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RobertI said:

I am also going to 'investigate' some bigger ticket items, for future reference of course:

• See a 12" Dob in the flesh and see how big they actually are
  • Fondle an AZ75 
  • Have a play with an iOptron Pro - possible future mount for EAA
  • Investigate alternative binoviewers like MaxBrights and the linear mirror BVs 

And my accessory purchases might extend to some Baader Wonder fluid. And a new dew controller. And possibly a new power pack. Damn.

My advice: steer clear of the Taks

😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeremyS said:

My advice: steer clear of the Taks

😊

I second this.  If anyone finds themselves in too close a proximity to a Tak they can send them my way and I will ensure they will never be near that Tak again.

• Like 2

I plan to be there on Saturday. Apart from drooling over kit I cannot afford (I used to be into hi-fi before Astronomy!), I hope to meet up with FLO (who have been of immense help on my astro-journey), the Roboscopes team (I am in one of their syndicates) and Leonardo Orzi (whose Voyager software runs my home obsy). See you all there.

• Like 1