10 years and 10,000 posts

Chris

I've just checked and I made my first post here on SGL in September 2011, and I'm about to make my 10,000th post as soon as I hit the enter key!

It's been 10 years of hanging out with a great bunch of folks. I joined the forum as an Astronomy graduate so thought I new it all at the time and quickly realised I knew very little :D. 

You lot have taught me a great deal over the years, and it's fair to say this forum has kept me sane through some challenging times!

So a big thank you from me! and I hope for many more years and posts on SGL.  

• Like 35

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Well done Chris, and congratulations also on your new role with FLO, hope it's been a good move for you!

Dave

Thanks Dave :) yes it really has been an good move, and I'm very lucky to be able to work within the astronomical community! I still need to pinch myself sometimes! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Fab Chris! Congratulations and glad we have your enthusiasm and experience here on SGL. I joined in October 2011 - must have been a good year for Astronomy. :)

Thanks Rob and likewise! Your posts are always wise and engaging.....no pressure though :D 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

Congratulations, 10,000 posts in 10 years is very neat.
I see you would now be a 'Bright Giant', if they were still doing such things.

Cheers! Those designations were fun so it's a bit of a shame they went. Although, I did notice plenty of occasions where folks got the designation mixed up with  members name. 

2 hours ago, jock1958 said:

Congratulations Chris and thanks for all your wisdom and excellent videos! 

Cheers Jock, and we're all still leaning everyday which is of course one of the fun bits : )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John said:

Congratulations on both milestones Chris :icon_salut:

Many thanks for all your contributions to SGL - please keep it up ! :icon_biggrin:

Many thanks John, and I'm sure I speak for all when I say likewise :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1