Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What to do while in my sick bed.

Nigella Bryant

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I've been looking at the sunny skies outside but not allowed to do any solar observing. That's hard, lol. I've missed all the lovely activity lately. Oh well, it's still not anywhere near solar maximum so I'll see plenty more in the future, lol. The EQ8 R pro is for my dome for night time and the current neq6 will go in my RoR for solar eventually. I expect it'll be a long wait for it to arrive, months probably but nice to think about while healing. 

I've also trolled the website for a 16inch f4 Newtonian but I'm definitely going to resist that one, lol. I've really got to get better quickly before I'm bankrupt, lol. 

• Like 1

Iknow how you are feeling, i am 3 1/2 weeks into recovering from a broken ankle. The first 2 weeks were incredibly boring, luckly a had just received a couple of heayweight astro books. Last week was better, especially when the Sun was out, i even managed some imaging time.

Not bought anything yet though, still plenty of time left yet ......................

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Iknow how you are feeling, i am 3 1/2 weeks into recovering from a broken ankle. The first 2 weeks were incredibly boring, luckly a had just received a couple of heayweight astro books. Last week was better, especially when the Sun was out, i even managed some imaging time.

Not bought anything yet though, still plenty of time left yet ......................

Goodness, get well soon Pete, hopefully you're mending well. Least you've not succumbed to any big purchases yet but still time lol.

• Haha 1

So....  the question is.....   what wonderful scope is going to glide around atop the  EQ-8   ??

If you don't have one yet, surely that can occupy a few hours / days  of your time here and there ..... 

then, which camera / eyepiece are you going to plug into it ...... ??

then,  what will the first light be  ??     

then , what type of objects... ??,     then a list of them will be generated........   and then increase .....

You will suddenly discover that you need a good 5 years to answer all these questions.   Then you will want a new mount...   :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Hope you are well soon, always dangerous looking at any site with a buy button when nothing better to do 🙂 

Steve

Thanks Steve, yes, very dangerous. I've seen a lovely plainwave 17inch @ over £17,000 too while browsing, lol. No, no,no resist, lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Goodness, get well soon Pete, hopefully you're mending well. Least you've not succumbed to any big purchases yet but still time lol.

Thanks, it seems to be healing well.

I have been looking a lot, the classifieds on here are a nightmare. Spent ages talking my self out of the Zwo camera recently on here 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Craney said:

So....  the question is.....   what wonderful scope is going to glide around atop the  EQ-8   ??

If you don't have one yet, surely that can occupy a few hours / days  of your time here and there ..... 

then, which camera / eyepiece are you going to plug into it ...... ??

then,  what will the first light be  ??     

then , what type of objects... ??,     then a list of them will be generated........   and then increase .....

You will suddenly discover that you need a good 5 years to answer all these questions.   Then you will want a new mount...   :D

Lot's to ponder there. I've already got a C11 and an Orion Optics 12inch f4 Newtonian so they'll grace the new mount ( not at the same time). But, but, I'd love a 16inch on the mount one day, lol. I can only dream. I've blown my budget for two years yesterday, lol. Camera wise I've got mono 178 for the planets with filter wheel or a asi 224 mc. I've only got an astro modded canon 1000d for DSO so there's scope for thought there in the future, lol. I've already got lrgb filters for the filter wheel. 

I'm all good for solar but that's not for the dome, lol. 

Now, while I've got a few weeks of healing still to go, "What am I missing" lol. 

• Like 1