NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from Yorkshire.

Someblokius

Hello,

Posts here have helped me a few times over the years so I thought that I'd stop lurking and say hello.

I'm in my middle years and have bounced in and out of this hobby a few times since my youth. Currently I feel very much 'back' so I've been dabbling with binocular viewing of the Moon and playing with my PST sunscope. I have an old SCT that I hope to get back into action once I have a working mount for it (currently only have an EQ5 Pro operational and a 12" SCT on that would be a teensy bit optimistic.) There's also an Esprit 100 bought for imaging a few years back, which I'm leaving for the moment as taking pictures is probably something to move on to later. It is a nice apo that I could fit eyepieces on though, so I might give it a go visually on the EQ5.

My interests are pretty wide - I've observed Deep Sky and some planetary. I've never really done lunar much but I seem to be leaning that way now. And of course there's imaging. Lots of rabbit holes to fall down. :)

Fun and clear skies.

• Like 2