Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Prof Brian Cox programme

AstroNebulee

Thanks for the heads up, I'm a little concerned just how much of the content will be recycled from previous programs though. Nice to have something to watch all the same 👍

"Brian Cox tackles some of the most challenging and intriguing questions facing science today by using his best material from past programmes and the latest scientific research."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hertford Stargazer said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm a little concerned just how much of the content will be recycled from previous programs though. Nice to have something to watch all the same 👍

"Brian Cox tackles some of the most challenging and intriguing questions facing science today by using his best material from past programmes and the latest scientific research."

No problems, as long as the beeb are showing a bit more interest in the astro world, we can all be a little thankful for that 👍

Thanks for the heads up! I was listening to Brian Cox's infinite Monkey cage podcast the other day, and was thinking he hadn't done anything with the BBC for a while. Glad I was wrong :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thanks for the heads up! I was listening to Brian Cox's infinite Monkey cage podcast the other day, and was thinking he hadn't done anything with the BBC for a while. Glad I was wrong :)

Glad to be of service Chris, yes he's done plenty of the infinite monkey cage programmes, but glad he got a new 4 part series, top work 👍

• Like 2

One or more of his series are available pretty much continuously on BBC iPlayer.

Not quite sure that I see the point of a compilation other than the impossibility of shooting a new series around the world in a pandemic.

Only Attenborough gets more repeats!

Time to practice my Brian Cox look into camera provoking thought from the viewer followed by a gentle but firm turn of the head to the right tilted up at a distant cosmic object contemplating existance while the soundtrack reaches a crescendo look... (Breathes).

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Time to practice my Brian Cox look into camera provoking thought from the viewer followed by a gentle but firm turn of the head to the right tilted up at a distant cosmic object contemplating existance while the soundtrack reaches a crescendo look... (Breathes).

Prof. Cox always reminds me of that Paul Whitehouse character from the Fast Show who used to stroll through random backgrounds while babbling on about how “BRILLIANT” things are.  

Edited by Hallingskies
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

It won't be as good as the way Brian does it :) 

• Like 2

One day I might have sufficient bandwidth that iPlayer becomes usable :)  If I miss something I want to watch that's on iPlayer I usually end up downloading the entire thing overnight at the weekend.

Still, Openreach have promised me fibre to the nearest telegraph pole by September.  Not that I believe it will happen by then, but I live in hope.

James

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch this? I thought it was good – a snappy flip back through some of the best bits of his previous programmes, updated to reflect the latest scientific understanding of what he was talking about back then. I find him much less annoying than I did 10 years ago, too, so that bit at least has changed ;)  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Just watching it now.

I love the quote that at no time in the last twenty years has every single living human actually been on Earth.

James

I'm recording this to watch, does that statement refer to the fact that the ISS has been manned for that length of time? 

• Like 1