Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New and looking to learn

DaddyG

Am hoping to gain knowledge and learn before I buy any equipment! I'm hoping to get into astrophotography .

Currently reading and watching videos hoping to understand more.

Will be using the search button a lot and will probably ask quite a few questions!!!

• Like 2

Welcome to the most friendliest place for all things astro, they have helped me no end on here with my baffoonary questions, it's a good thing your doing all the research first before getting your scope also as there's not many available at the moment but a few are starting to appear on the used market. Most of all have fun and enjoy this wonderful hobby and the slippery slope of astrophotography 😁

56 minutes ago, DaddyG said:

Am hoping to gain knowledge and learn before I buy any equipment! I'm hoping to get into astrophotography .

Currently reading and watching videos hoping to understand more.

Will be using the search button a lot and will probably ask quite a few questions!!!

Welcome, that's a wise approach to take.

As Confucius never said ' Person who jumps hastily in to practical astronomy with both feet and credit card may get both burned ...'

Heather

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Welcome to the Lounge.

I did visual for about 3 nights before I got 'bored'- my first scope and mount purchased last January. Since then it has been AP all the way. Steep learning curve but like you, I spent a lot of time reading and learning first. There is lots of great advice here - and there is no such thing as a dumb question.

All I would say is that it is an expensive and slippery slope. I am a self confessed nerd, so AP is great for me. The more problems to solve the better😉

• 2 months later...