Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ctrl + 1 not working in Sterallium

Astro_mark_c

Hi there,

So I've finally gotten round to setting up APT and Sterallium (via ASCOM) on my laptop for controlling my mount EQM 35 pro. (I got PHD2 working on it a while back).  I followed a tutorial on youtbe about doing this using simulators in Sterallium, when doing this pressing control + 1 on the keyboard moves the simulated telescope and everything seems to update in ATP and work fine.

The (small) problem I'm having is when i successful connect my own mount in Sterallium (after doing the same in APT) I click on an area and then press the short cut Ctrl + 1, nothing happens, my yellow telescope icon doesn't move to the location, but when I do it in APT, sterallium obviously updates to show the new position.

Any idea why the short cut in Sterallium isn't working when connected to my mount?

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by Sidecontrol

Assuming you have Stellarium Scope (a third party program) installed and properly configured I think from memory you have to click on the object you are interested in within Stellarium and then press Ctl 1

It's ages since I used a PC with ASCOM/Stellarium/Stellarium Scope but it worked very well.

• Like 1

You do not need Stellariumscope in the latest versions of Stellarium , it has been integrated into the core program.

I sometimes find Ctrl +1 unresponsive , but after a few tries it seems to reset and work , no idea why , maybe don't hit the 1 too soon after ctrl

I have found allowing a second or so with ctrl down before hitting 1 usually makes the scope slew OK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

Assuming you have Stellarium Scope (a third party program) installed and properly configured I think from memory you have to click on the object you are interested in within Stellarium and then press Ctl 1

It's ages since I used a PC with ASCOM/Stellarium/Stellarium Scope but it worked very well.

No not using that, but I'll go give it a look at thanks.

1 minute ago, fifeskies said:

You do not need Stellariumscope in the latest versions of Stellarium , it has been integrated into the core program.

I sometimes find Ctrl +1 unresponsive , but after a few tries it seems to reset and work , no idea why , maybe don't hit the 1 too soon after ctrl

I have found allowing a second or so with ctrl down before hitting 1 usually makes the scope slew OK

Thanks, it's a crappy old laptop, so i'll give it a try!

You do need to activate the telescope control plug in however , and configure it for your system (click configure button)

Image11.jpg

18 hours ago, fifeskies said:

You do need to activate the telescope control plug in however , and configure it for your system (click configure button)

Image11.jpg

Yeah I've done all that, when i connect my telescope icon appears near polaris.  Problem is can't get it to move in sterallium, but when i tell the mount to go to a target in APT while the mount is moving I can see the telescope icon moving in Sterallium.  I mean I could survive the way it is, but i like to know why things are not working (i.e have i missed a step somewhere). 

I always open and connect APT and PHD2 guiding first. Also do a Platesolve with a test target using APT. (And Sync mount to platesolve co-ordinates)

Then start Stellarium.

If I dont do that order I find Stellarium will not work properly , or places the scope target wrong.

Default opening has Scope Icon at Polaris , I use a custom park (horizontal) to fit my scope under my Roll of Roof.

APT seems to handle this recovering the Custom Park co-ordinates wheras Stellarium gets confused if opened first.

Edited by fifeskies

Just now, fifeskies said:

I always open and connect APT and PHD2 guiding first. Also do a Platesolve with a test target using APT.

Then start Stellarium.

If i dont do that order I find Stellarium wil not work properly

ah cool, im doing a dry run before it gets dark tonight, but I pretty much have done the same in my dry run, although i did notice a couple of new errors in APT.  See image attached.

Connecting to Sterallium Porblem (5)

WinHTTPSendRequest: 12029: A connection with the server could not be established

IMG_8514.jpg

I have a fixed system in my ROR observatory.

If you are taking down and resetting each session , take care to use the same USB ports as before or you may get comms errors when gear is not on the comms port it is expected to be found on.

• Like 1

are you using the latest versions of APT and Stellarium

I upgraded both to latest stable versions and seems to run OK.

I downloaded and installed them both a couple of days ago.  Thanks anyway, hopefully someone is familiar with those error messages.  I'll go try google. 

I have a fixed system in my ROR observatory.

If you are taking down and resetting each session , take care to use the same USB ports as before or you may get comms errors when gear is not on the comms port it is expected to be found on.

Yeah I learned that the hard way haha. 

16 hours ago, BrendanC said:

I'm pretty certain that error message in APT is because you don't have the telescope remote plugin activated on Stellarium. 

Go through this page and you should get set up properly: https://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-setting-up-an-equatorial-mount-on-ascom-with-eqmod-stellarium-and-cartes-du-ciel.html

I'll give my set up another look through after work today. 

On 06/01/2021 at 17:14, BrendanC said:

I'm pretty certain that error message in APT is because you don't have the telescope remote plugin activated on Stellarium. 

Go through this page and you should get set up properly: https://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-setting-up-an-equatorial-mount-on-ascom-with-eqmod-stellarium-and-cartes-du-ciel.html

Turns out my Sterallium wasn't up to date.  Ended up installing EQMOD, so i'll be using that now with Sterallium.