NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from Torquay

Chrissh

Hello everybody my name is Chris and I live in the English Riviera, my main hobby is photography and has been for a number of years and I have always had a passion for astronomy. I will say I am no expert but have liked to dabble and look at the wonders above. I retired this month and have decided to take my photography further by getting into astrophotography which I must admit has set me a total set of new challenges, however I have realised that you are never to old to learn. I have a canon 70d and a 6d which I am using with my Skywatcher pro set up, but due to our wonderful weather at present there has not been any clear skies of late, but heres hoping. The main problem for me at the moment is trying to get hold of an skywatcher equatorial mount,due to the virus everywhere seems to have run out of stock and nobody's sure when they will be in stock. However just one of those things to get over.

Thank you for reading my ramblings and I look forward to speaking with you in regard  to all the questions I know I am going to have in the future'

Many thanks

Chris H

• Like 1

Hi Chris, a warm welcome to SGL. I am in Paignton so literally a stone's throw away so hopefully our path's will cross physically at some stage :) 

Hi Chris,

Also here in Paignton, can only agree the weather has been awful, thought we might have had an opportunity on Saturday, but unfortunately the low clouds rolled in just about when everything was set up, and then came the threat of rain at about midnight.

The biggest challange in this area seems to be the weather!

I'm also in a long wait for some new equipment... let's hope the supply chain improves soon. :)

Welcome to SGL, The weather is breaking me at the moment also. I am just dying to go out and get some viewing in, perhaps even get the camera set up out. I am hoping there are a few days this weekend which might work for me, although I am hoping the great British weather does not ruin my plans.

• 4 weeks later...