Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

25 Pane mosaic Cassiopeia

Tom OD

13 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Great image, that is a hell of a big project, well done.

Thanks Mark. Its 15x10 degrees of sky, so huge.

7 minutes ago, Kinch said:

Wow! Love it Tom. Another huge piece of work that one could just get lost in......looking forward to being able to browse around this in high resolution 🤩

Cheers Brendan,

Yes as soon as the zoomify version is up in the site I'll post the link. This needs to be seen as big as possible. The more you zoom in the more the resolution unveils the real deep sky stuff.

Tom

• Like 1

Fabulous piece of work. Cassiopeia will never look the same again. And that, I think, is the whole point of deep sky imaging; when we look up we see the Big W but when we look at your image we see what's really up there.

The craftsmanship of this image is exquisite. Perfect. In this kind of project you're in a class of your own, Tom.

Olly

I can only agree with all the others - incredible amount of work and amazing result!

Perfect reference also for finding interesting objects to image, so thanks a lot Tom for bringing this to the AP community!

What scope(s) and camera(s) did you use?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Fabulous piece of work. Cassiopeia will never look the same again. And that, I think, is the whole point of deep sky imaging; when we look up we see the Big W but when we look at your image we see what's really up there.

The craftsmanship of this image is exquisite. Perfect. In this kind of project you're in a class of your own, Tom.

Olly

Cheers Olly. I m very flattered. 
I had originally planned to do Cepheus, but changed my mind on night one as I was setting up. Guess Cepheus is next 😂
Every pane had something lurking in the data which is great. Blending was as always very tricky. I m surprised about the near absence of smoothing and sharpening needed. 

2 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Wow, utterly incredible.  I take my hat off to you for your committment in building this masterpiece.  It'l like looking at a Titian or a Caneletto painting; you see more and more the more you look at it.

Ha ha thanks Kirkster. 
I saw a Caneletto exhibit in Dublin last year. He was a master at exaggerating building sizes and he even changed the positions of the building in his Venice painting. He must be the original Photoshop king :) 

11 hours ago, pietervdv said:

Looks amazing Tom! Such a wealth of details, could look for hours at this. Hats off for your persistence and patience to produce such a huge image! 

On to Cygnus now! 😉

Pieter 

Hmm Cygnus. Well it’s on the To do list :)