Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Practical Astronomy Show (PAS) 2020

Jkulin

Just wondered who was going to the Practical Astronomy Show (PAS) 2020 on the 21st March https://practicalastroshow.com/

Last year was a cracking show with some fabulous discounts and offers and entry is free as are the talks as well.

More details here as well: - https://www.facebook.com/events/377164579790380/

Looking forward to see many of you there!

Hi John, I will be attending again along with my little group of friends the [Potteries Astro Imagers]  this year also...Will be nice to meet up with you once again and have a chat , and hopefully see Mark and Peter too....From posts I see that you have got your mount and scope combo really working together now and getting some great pics....You must be chuffed with it all..

Bob.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/01/2020 at 14:19, Jkulin said:

Just wondered who was going to the Practical Astronomy Show (PAS) 2020 on the 21st March https://practicalastroshow.com/

Last year was a cracking show with some fabulous discounts and offers and entry is free as are the talks as well.

Think I'll be there, unless Covid19 really gets out of hand!

Just window shopping, want to check out some 10-13cm APO's for future consideration...

Chaxastro

"Humour is reason gone mad" Grouch Marx

My wife is quite unwell and I would hate to catch something and give it to her, she’s asked me to rethink about attending, so I am doing as she is going through enough at the moment.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jkulin said:

My wife is quite unwell and I would hate to catch something and give it to her, she’s asked me to rethink about attending, so I am doing as she is going through enough at the moment.

Top man!  Concern for your wife is far more important than any astro show John.  She might let you treat yourself to a new toy for being so caring. :happy11:

• Like 2

The Photography Show at the NEC has been postponed until September,
I would expect other shows that draw numbers together to touch and try etc. to consider similar actions.
This is responsible action by Future who run the Photography show.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Thanks Mike, I was going to pickup a new toy from Altair, but will now have a chat with Ian and ask him to post it to me.

Hi John,i think you are doing the right thing mate. As at the moment 2 out of our little group have similar problems so will not be attending now.

Bob.

59 minutes ago, bob-c said:

Hi John,i think you are doing the right thing mate. As at the moment 2 out of our little group have similar problems so will not be attending now.

Bob.

Hi Bob, I hope all goes well for them.

Fancy a meetup for a coffee sometime?

I'm also going, also for an iPolar which I hope will have arrived for my IEQ30 pro travelling mount. Given I've a non-refunded hotel room the only thing that'll keep me away is them cancelling. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi John, thanks for the invite for a coffee .It would be great to see you and  have a chat again sometime. I think that it would be better for us after this virus problem is cleard up though and there are no worries. I do hope your wife gets better soon. Meanwhile keep imaging that sky [if it dam well clears that is].

Bob.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

You haven't missed it yet. In theory it is still on in September although watching events fall like dominoes I am not sure if there is a better than 50/50 chance of it happening.

Owen

On 11/03/2020 at 11:18, mikeDnight said:

I'm still in optimistic mode. And looking at the motley crew that were perusing the stalls last year, I'd feel sorry for any virus that caught any one of them, including myself! :grin:

Yes, I remember looking around and thinking the same thing Mike....:smiley:

• Haha 1