Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Practical Astronomy Show (PAS) 2020

Jkulin

44 minutes ago, Saganite said:

If it goes ahead Alan it would be good to see you there.

Steve, indeed it would, fingers crossed that the situation improves...... who knows what's in store for us all yet.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Adam J said:

That seems like a bit of an over reaction. Guess they cant keep cancelling and moving it forever though.

The Facebook page says it's 2022 because the venue is still closed for 2021.

I was dismayed to hear that 2021 has already been written off.

I mean, what are they expecting is going to happen next year...??

But if the venue has been closed indefinitely there's not much one can do.

Its a big place, and fairly new ? so lets hope they have the desire to reopen it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kettering was placed in a high contagious group with a few other places around there, Corby and Northampton I think. The number of infections rose significantly. So the venue will have had to abide by the change of circumstance and cancel everything.

Why the leap over 2021 to 2022, can only guess that it was impossible to make concrete arrangements in what would now be 6 months time.  England/UK was locked down last March (23rd if I recall), which is now 6 months ago. As nothing appears to really be indicating the passing of this virus it would make sense that the Kettering Centre has said they cannot make and guarantee any events for some time.

Creates the question: What will happen to Astrofest?

Maybe I should search their site and see if they have made an announcement, since I haven't done so yet.