SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The SGL2019 What are you bringing thread

Helen

So.... what are you bringing?

I'm bringing a 15 inch Ultra Compact Obsession dob (finally has a shroud πŸ˜‰) - happy for people to come and test drive it 😁

For grab and go, a Tak 100DC.Β  For solar/wide field a borg71.Β 

Vixen SX2 mount 😁.

A few cameras and eyepieces (and undoubtedly a crate full of 'bits' πŸ™„)

Helen

Β 

• Like 1

Im thinking ill skip the imaging rig this year and just bring along the LX10 - hopefully I can focus on learning to use it properly that way. Depends on what the forecast is closer to the time really.

Β 

Edited by upahill
  • Like 1

I'll bring the 14" Sumerian (no shroud yet!), then definitely the FC100 and 100mm PST mod, and possibly the Mewlon on the Sphinx mount. Much depends on the forecast, if it looks good I'll bring the Mewlon.

• Like 2

Depends on the forecast but either the ED100 or ED120 on the AZ Pro then definitely the LS60 double stack on the SolarQuest and the ZS66SD for grab & go.Β 

Sorry @JonkΒ I don't think the 102 f/11 will come along as the AZ Pro doesn't like it very much, it's a bit too long and I won't have room for the EQ5.

@StuΒ I'd love a look through the FC100 to see what all the fuss is about πŸ˜‰Β though that will probably result in me selling most of my kit πŸ˜‚

The better the forecast the more gear I'll bring.Β 

Edited by AdeKing
More thoughts
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

Β I'd love a look through the FC100 to see what all the fuss is about πŸ˜‰Β though that will probably result in me selling most of my kit πŸ˜‚

You would be more than welcome Ade. Providing the views through the ED100 arent better 😱😱🀣🀣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdeKing said:

Depends on the forecast but either the ED100 or ED120 on the AZ Pro then definitely the LS60 double stack on the SolarQuest and the ZS66SD for grab & go.Β 

Sorry @JonkΒ I don't think the 102 f/11 will come along as the AZ Pro doesn't like it very much, it's a bit too long and I won't have room for the EQ5.

@StuΒ I'd love a look through the FC100 to see what all the fuss is about πŸ˜‰Β though that will probably result in me selling most of my kit πŸ˜‚

The better the forecast the more gear I'll bring.Β 

Did you get your AZ Pro mount sorted Ade?

SteveΒ 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Did you get your AZ Pro mount sorted Ade?

SteveΒ 

I've still got it at the moment, I think the mini pier is being exchanged but the mount makes a squealing noise when slewing at speed on AZ axis so Rob from FLO wants to look at the mount and everything is being picked up on Monday to go back.Β 

I have used the mount and apart from the squealing noise I was very impressed by the mount itself.Β  The finish on parts on the mini pier was however not what I expected given the cost.Β 

Hopefully it'll all be sorted by SGL SP 🀞

Bringing my Skywatcher 250P-DS to scoop up some nice fuzzies,Β along with my AA Starwave AscentΒ 80ED for some widefield views too, mounted on my Skytee2 mount. Binoculars too are a must, and if IΒ have room the binocular mount too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AdeKing said:

I've still got it at the moment, I think the mini pier is being exchanged but the mount makes a squealing noise when slewing at speed on AZ axis so Rob from FLO wants to look at the mount and everything is being picked up on Monday to go back.Β 

I have used the mount and apart from the squealing noise I was very impressed by the mount itself.Β  The finish on parts on the mini pier was however not what I expected given the cost.Β 

Hopefully it'll all be sorted by SGL SP 🀞

You might just need some adjustment on the tensions. There is a thread about this on cloudy nights but let Rob check it out. Glad your impressed. Enjoy SGL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jonk said:

No, its an Alkaid ultra light travel dob.

image.png.ff001b1dd7539147041139980ed5f27b.png

Very nice! Didn't know they did the suitcase style in 16", looks great. Look forward to meeting big brother :)

• Like 2

I don't think they do any more - can't say I've seen many Sumerians about, so it could be quite rare now.

I love it, so you're more than welcome to have a nose, as long as you bring some green and black eyepieces!

• Like 1

ATM just the Megrez 90 and ST80 on the HEQ5. Just put the ASI 1600 on the TS 0.79x reducer. May well have a look at the Heart.

Else forget about imaging and just do visual, as where I live is darker than Lucksall.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DaveS said:

ATM just the Megrez 90 and ST80 on the HEQ5. Just put the ASI 1600 on the TS 0.79x reducer. May well have a look at the Heart.

Else forget about imaging and just do visual, as where I live is darker than Lucksall.

It'll be nice to finally meet you Dave though a long way from our home county.Β 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AdeKing said:

It'll be nice to finally meet you Dave though a long way from our home county.Β 

Likewise. Looking forward to meeting up with forum members in person.

• Like 1