SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The SGL2019 What are you bringing thread

Helen

7 hours ago, tich said:

I'm bringing lots of kit not sure what as yet, Nicky nacky Noo & of course my SGL Hat!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

783500743_SGLHat.thumb.jpg.8fcc9cf33ce3666cf7d19f8b8f6f6432.jpg

My God!!! you are scary at the best of times Tich, 

I wasn't expecting that when I opened the thread. 

Still can't find the cat...

I'm still hoping to attend Tich, depends if Cath's sister is still about.😟

• Like 2

I am hoping to get my Esprit 100 imaging rig set up in time. I have only had this a few weeks and thinking I should maybe have left setting it up until after the party as I had my WO Z73 all set up but couldn't wait to use it and I had to nick several bits off my existing rig. As usual with new gear weather has not been too obliging. But should be somewhere near, just fitted the auto-focuser. Just finding the whole rig a tad too heavy to balance on the HEQ5 so busy trying to take off any excess weight. Any way I will definitely bring it as I am very much a novice so hoping to get some good tips on how to improve, even if weather doesn't oblige.

Steve

3 hours ago, Freff said:

Sorry for putting the frighteners on you Tony I hope you will be able to pop along it would be great to catch up, thinking of you both.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lulu57 said:

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh! 

Your SGL hat has made my day, tich! Do you think you could persuade Ian to get one? 🤪

He doesn't need persuading he just needs one!!!
It's the law!!!
"Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" said Thud the viking!!

Edited by tich
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2019 at 20:35, Freff said:

Hi Tich and Tony,

Will be good to catch up with you both at SGL.

• Like 1

I know there answer is probably no, but is there any chance that someone attending this year might be bringing a scope fitted with an Astro Devices Nexus II DSC setup? 

Following some responses on a thread I've posted questions on recently, I'm interested whether my horrible Huawei P20 phone is capable of reliably connecting to one and driving it via SkySafari, something I've had significant issues with when using either a Skyfi iii or just the SynScan App. 

Any help would be much appreciated and  gratitude could be expressed in beer tokens 🤞

• Like 1

Assuming I can come (with Davey T) and we can get all his and my kit into his van, I'll be bringing my dual imaging rig.

WOZS71/Atik428EX

ED80/Atik460EX

HEQ5

Looking forward to meeting some of you I have not met before.  AdeKing I think you bought something off me a while ago.  Teoria, we have chatted on line about imaging, Reddoss nice to see you again. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, carastro said:

Looking forward to meeting some of you I have not met before.  AdeKing I think you bought something off me a while ago.  Teoria, we have chatted on line about imaging, Reddoss nice to see you again. 

Yes Carole, I had a DMK mono camera off you in January........ I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't used it. It will be nice to meet you, I know Dave so will run into you. 

• Like 1

I had a DMK mono camera off you in January........ I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't used it.

Well we will have to put that right, are you bringing it with you.  Have you installed the software?  Can't even remember what programme I used for it now, think I used Sharpcap and latterly firecapture, but stopped planetary imaging about 18 months ago, found it too problematic for poor results. 

Carole 

• Like 1

I'm afraid to say I'm no longer able to make it to SGL this year 😥😥

A very generous Aunt and Uncle offered to take the whole family to Greece for a week at half term, and I'm afraid Lucksall lost out in the family vote!

I hope everyone has a fabulous time and the skies are kind. I think we finally have a decent number of talks to offer too which should be great!

Until next time.....

• Sad 4

23 hours ago, carastro said:

Well we will have to put that right, are you bringing it with you.  Have you installed the software?  Can't even remember what programme I used for it now, think I used Sharpcap and latterly firecapture, but stopped planetary imaging about 18 months ago, found it too problematic for poor results. 

Carole 

If I can get a SSD to revitalise the old laptop and get Win 10 and software sorted I'll try to squeeze it in Carole, thanks for the kind offer of assistance. 

23 hours ago, Stu said:

I'm afraid to say I'm no longer able to make it to SGL this year 😥😥

A very generous Aunt and Uncle offered to take the whole family to Greece for a week at half term, and I'm afraid Lucksall lost out in the family vote!

I hope everyone has a fabulous time and the skies are kind. I think we finally have a decent number of talks to offer too which should be great!

Until next time.....

Sorry to hear that you won't be there Stu, but also envious of the rather better weather you'll be enjoying no doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

Sorry to hear that you won't be there Stu, but also envious of the rather better weather you'll be enjoying no doubt. 

Thanks Ade. Yes, despite the disappointment I think I will manage ;)

Probably going to take my 72mm with me for a bit of solar, astro and daytime spotting.

• Like 2

On 19/10/2019 at 09:56, carastro said:

Assuming I can come (with Davey T) and we can get all his and my kit into his van, I'll be bringing my dual imaging rig.

WOZS71/Atik428EX

ED80/Atik460EX

HEQ5

Carole 

Hi Carole,

I will be to catch up with you again.  I will show you my QHY 16200A Camera.

• Like 2

I think I'll chuck the Star Adventura in the car with the ASI1600 and one or two Leica Primes. Might have a look at M31.

Debating whether to buy a shorter eyepiece than my 9mm Meade 5000 for the Megrez 90 (621 mm fl).

• Like 1

What are you bringing?

Now that's a very good question.  I am going to Davey -T on Tuesday morning to see if my kit will fit in his van along with his kit, only then will I know if I am coming at all!!!  Both of us trying to whittle our stuff down as much as possible.

Currently converting some Morrison's heavy duty bags into laptop covers so i don't have to bring my usual laptop boxes. 

Carole 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, carastro said:

Now that's a very good question.  I am going to Davey -T on Tuesday morning to see if my kit will fit in his van along with his kit, only then will I know if I am coming at all!!!  Both of us trying to whittle our stuff down as much as possible.

Currently converting some Morrison's heavy duty bags into laptop covers so i don't have to bring my usual laptop boxes. 

Carole 

Well I hope you manage to get everything in.

Steve

Well I hope you manage to get everything in.

Me too. 

Good weather hopefully. 😀

Just looked on my trusty website yr.no and it shows partly clear for Friday night and clear for Sunday night but some rain.

https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Hereford/long.html

Doesn't show the any clear skies on BBC weather.

Too far ahead to be reliable anyway. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1