Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Who is out to play tonight?

JamesF

I’m back at those low altitude southern Messier targets. Hoping to grab an hour on M18 open cluster, then something similar on M75 globular cluster. Those 2 will take me through midnight, not sure what I’ll go for after that....

Not looking for anything other than a couple of images for my list - I think I’m in the mid 80s/110 and know that there are some that will not be possible from my observatory as the walls are too high, but I’ll worry about that when I’ve collected every one that I can reach. 

Have the widefield rig running with 28mm f3.5 lens using ROI to crop image before downloading to reduce the amount of data.  120s Ha subs of Cygnus.

683481608_Screenshotfrom2019-08-2622-26-16.thumb.png.e9e259e496a813b4d4ba2a0a339f3460.png

• Like 1

Sat on my patio still in shorts, very clear here testing out my new scope on Andromeda as I can't stay up too late as I have to be up early for work. I keep mentioning thr R word to my sweatheart but she says I can't until she does 😢

May go in and watch the cricket highlights again to keep awake 🏏

6 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Which version of Kstars/Ekos is that, Gina?  It doesn't look quite the same as mine.

James

Version 3.3.1     Build: 2019-07-02T16:59:38Z

Edited by Gina

Much better transparency tonight than last night, so got the 15x70 Binoculars and sun lounger out and laid back for 20 mins or so sweeping the MW. Found the Eastern Veil which is a first for me with binos and swept through NAM + Pelican region seeing masses of nebulosity. Temperature is really balmy, really enjoyed that. M18 on last sub, so will see that in, then go for 2nd target and get back out with the binoculars....

Geof

A lot of nebulosity there Gina

Just working through my sequence on Stephan and Deer, and working through the latest exercise in mu OU course, involving estimating magnitudes. Trouble is I think my eyes are rubbish on pinpoint objects like stars though I'm seeing the MW very clear and detailed. More practice needed, off again. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gina said:

Have the widefield rig running with 28mm f3.5 lens using ROI to crop image before downloading to reduce the amount of data.  120s Ha subs of Cygnus.

683481608_Screenshotfrom2019-08-2622-26-16.thumb.png.e9e259e496a813b4d4ba2a0a339f3460.png

Gina, it never fails to impress me how tech savvy you are!

• Thanks 1

Skies look alright here but I'm properly dead on my feet from last night so a nip of whiskey and off to bed for me. Last night's imaging came out well though:

Some high cloud about and poorer transparency here than last night, but best of luck to everyone having a crack at it tonight...

• Like 1

Grabbing another couple of hours on the Iris tonight. Will have 6 hours RGB and an hour L. Hopefully clear next weekend and can concentrate on lots of L. I've already took my flats tonight so as soon as the image plan is finished in half an hour I'm off to bed! Looking forward to sleep!

Screenshot_20190826-235721_VNC Viewer.jpg

Hi guys. Imaging more Eastern Veil tonight. The seeing seems very good. Focused on Vega and I've never seen the star spikes so still before.

Edited by smr