Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Your going out tonight....

JG777

29 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

I’ve learnt to wait and see what the weather is actually like rather than rely on a hit and miss forecast.

Not really a hit and miss forecast its the EGLL weather radar live feed, very very accurate, and I have a 17 mile drive to a dark site so I plan it as carefully as I can. As it stands I have a clear corridor so its worth a go tonight. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JG777 said:

Not really a hit and miss forecast its the EGLL weather radar live feed, very very accurate, and I have a 17 mile drive to a dark site so I plan it as carefully as I can. As it stands I have a clear corridor so its worth a go tonight. 

You are lucky as where I live the climate has a mind of its own and can be different weather from somewhere only 2/3 miles away 🙁

Thunderstorms forecast here tonight. All that hot air coming up from the south = thunderstorms. About 32C (90f) today here but getting hotter later in the week. In London expected to be about 37C (99f) on Thursday. 

1 hour ago, banjaxed said:

I’ve learnt to wait and see what the weather is actually like rather than rely on a hit and miss forecast.

Same here.

I go out if:

a. the sky is at least half decent, and 

b. I'm so inclined.

Seems to work - I've had 52 sessions so far this year!

Doug.

1 minute ago, cloudsweeper said:

Same here.

I go out if:

a. the sky is at least half decent, and 

b. I'm so inclined.

Seems to work - I've had 52 sessions so far this year!

Doug.

You are not that far from me (Formby) and as stated in my previous post the weather can be different from only a few miles away.

54 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Thunderstorms forecast here tonight. All that hot air coming up from the south = thunderstorms. About 32C (90f) today here but getting hotter later in the week. In London expected to be about 37C (99f) on Thursday. 

Pretty much the same story here.  The thermometer in the car was reading 31C on the way home from the swimming pool this afternoon and there's that "feel" in the air that you get before an electrical storm.

Hopefully it will be dry tomorrow though.  We have Western Power visiting to upgrade our transformer and deliver us a second phase tomorrow morning, but apparently they're going to be working on the 11kV supply live so they won't come out to play if it's raining.

James

Just come home from the theatre in Sidmouth through a thunderstorm.  Got drenched going from drive to house even with an umbrella, getting out of the car.  Seems to have stopped how.

Monster thunder storm here, and there's still some happening to the north west.  Unfortunately it appears to have eaten my ADSL router, so I'm now running on my spare.  I might well unplug it before I go to bed.

James

• Sad 1

Been home about half an hour, storm kicking off outside at the moment,  can't complain about the few hours I managed earlier. The 80 Equinox is a great scope for this kind of thing. 

• Like 1