Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ogem mount - still vapour-ware or have they started shipping

8 minutes ago, Northernlight said:

By heck these deliveries of mounts are taking some time - mark said they were shipping 4 week ago, so I guessing he must be personally delivering each one on foot lol

Have you ordered one? If so I can understand your frustration. If not, then why are you so bothered?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Neil,  I've lost count how many times JTW claimed to have been shipping these mounts, so i would take anything they post with a truck load of salt, not just a pinch. This is why i'm asking if there is anyone on the  forum who actually has one in their possession, as not seen anyone posting about the mount praising it or otherwise.  If it has genuinely started shipping i would have expected people to be posting review of the mount and it performance. 

27 minutes ago, Northernlight said:

Hi Neil,  I've lost count how many times JTW claimed to have been shipping these mounts, so i would take anything they post with a truck load of salt, not just a pinch. This is why i'm asking if there is anyone on the  forum who actually has one in their possession, as not seen anyone posting about the mount praising it or otherwise.  If it has genuinely started shipping i would have expected people to be posting review of the mount and it performance. 

I think it is shipping, but alas too late for me as I went the Mesu route. I really hope it is a success and wished Mark all the best after a lengthy correspondence. Only time will tell regarding its performance.

2 minutes ago, Neil27 said:

I think it is shipping, but alas too late for me as I went the Mesu route. I really hope it is a success and wished Mark all the best after a lengthy correspondence. Only time will tell regarding its performance.

Indeed, but we need to see the mount 1st. The shipping post you tagged from 24th of Feb, stated mounts were shipping - So in 4 weeks of shipping nobody got their mount ? are they being delivered via mars. I really wanted to Mark to succeed, but i really dont trust JTW anymore- so i'm still saving for a mesu which is tried and tested.

• 2 months later...

The mount is still on sale as Trident mount for US$ 4995,-  I assume this webpage has not been updated since 2020. The mount has disappeared from the JTW webpage. After years of waiting still no first light image. We have no idea if the mount is performing. :surrender: Note this mount is based on early version of  a German design. They split due to disagreement years ago. The German group is still developping further. See Das OGEM. "Das OGEM" will go on sale in the future.

Screenshot of the JTW mount (OGEM, now Trident) :

screenshot.png.54bacf207256763cd5345fb24958b04a.png

As pdf:trident-ogem mount.pdf

Edited by han59

Dare I say it, the base and Alt/Az adjusters look very similar to the Mesu Mk1...

I feel for the folks who put their faith (and money) in the Trident mount if it has now disappeared from the website.😕

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

i am still living in hope lol. its all I have left now. been a long journey with the end in sight all the way just never quite got there yet. hopeful of 4 more weeks now. 
if and when, i will stick up some pics.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Do you know the serial number, or how many other mounts have been delivered?

not exactly, but you get them an early response on the "JTW Astronomy" Facebook page.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2021 at 09:52, dahle said:

And yes, the TRIDENT exists !!

I am waiting  a clear sky to perform guidance tests.

1629631684617 (Copier).jpg

Does it work?  Looking to your picture, your polar axis seems to be set for the northern part of Europe. Not for the south of France ???