Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apologies to you all.

Astro Imp

My scopes not been out this Year, that's two weeks wasted already, down to the weather!
I even bought a diary to record observing events, but that's getting used elsewhere, for now, I'll just keep a number count under my avatar?

I'm sure you will have no regrets committing a hefty sum to this beauty.   It looks good, tasty, classy too. If the weather spoils things for you, worry ye not, because opportunities will present themselves eventually, And great joy will fill your heart.  Don't you forget to let us know how it goes.  I bet you can't wait to first light with this baby ?.

1 hour ago, Astro Imp said:

Some of you may have seen my thread discussing which refractor to purchase.
I've just pressed the button for a S/W Esprit 100ED.
Still I can't make the weather any worse, can I?

So we're both at it Alan!  I managed to get my new ES ED80 Apo Triplet out for a quick look at the Moon - a fine sight across the range of mags, and not a hint of CA!  I'm very happy with the purchase, hope you will be too!

Doug.

13 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

So we're both at it Alan!  I managed to get my new ES ED80 Apo Triplet out for a quick look at the Moon - a fine sight across the range of mags, and not a hint of CA!  I'm very happy with the purchase, hope you will be too!

Doug.

Good you managed to enjoy your new scope.
So I'm not completely liable for the coming clouds, I'll just pass the complaints on, OK?
Good luck for the eclipse, should be OK my new toy is out of stock 'til the end of the month.

1 hour ago, cloudsweeper said:

Doug.

Nice! I'm really curious about your opinion about this scope which is also why I started following your thread about the arrival of it.

37 minutes ago, kippford said:

I just watched this 

I am jealous.

Yeah! Me too.  Nice to see someone somewhere is able to get some data down, and on a great target like the Trunk Neb.  Nice result for him too.

Well have you managed to get out with your scope, if so how was it?  It cleared here by 18.00 and is still clear, the moon is very bright. I'm just testing out my remote connection and all appears to be working ok. May as well get some shots of the moon as I use an unmodified DSLR everything else is getting washed out.

Archived