Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

At the next star party, would it be an idea to construct the most WAY OVER THE TOP EP collection, preferably with about three or four ways to construct any focal length using zooms, barlows etc, and take a photograph of it. We could then present it as the bona fide collection of some fictitious member of the forum, so we can always say: "My collection complete? :) No way, look at his!" whenever challenged about our EP collection. :)

• Like 1

At the next star party, would it be an idea to construct the most WAY OVER THE TOP EP collection, preferably with about three or four ways to construct any focal length using zooms, barlows etc, and take a photograph of it. We could then present it as the bona fide collection of some fictitious member of the forum, so we can always say: "My collection complete? :) No way, look at his!" whenever challenged about our EP collection. :)

My over the top EP set would be a Nagler 31T5, a full Ethos set, a Pentax zoom and a set of Zeiss ABBE Orthos for planetary.

About 7k would probably cover that... :)

My over the top EP set would be a Nagler 31T5, a full Ethos set, a Pentax zoom and a set of Zeiss ABBE Orthos for planetary.

About 7k would probably cover that... :)

I'll get them posted to you Paulo! :)

Some brilliant ep's being shown on this thread. :)

Edited by Nexus 6

I like Pelican cases ( www.pelican.com ) for the truck but if I'm hand carrying, it's better to have a soft-sided case with dividers like a camera bag with lens slots. Like that I'll only be carrying two or three eyepieces. For a whole collection as shown by others, I'd go with the pelican. Same thing for the scope itself.

Kinda BORING.......but this is mine:4mm,6mm,9mm,15mm,32mm,2x Barlow,moon filter and 6 different coloured filters. Also have a couple of 10mm,20mm and 25mm. Waiting on a SW LP filter to add to it.

how do you find the kit luke i was looking at buying the same cheers.star

Edited by star_chaser

sweet collection! I particularly like the idea of a 22mm Nagler but as I have a 22mm Panoptic I'll live with not having one.

that said, come on!! there's lots of space in there :)

First priority: a 31mm Nagler T5, that should fill up some space! However, the need for a travel scope is also quite urgent (for a given value of urgent).

Nice set. Are you going to add some padding to the box?

I wasn't planning to, Michael. The EPs fit in to holes inside the box, they're quite a snug fit and with the lid shut they can't get out of the holes.

That said, I wouldn't use this box for long distance transport, but it's OK for going from the house to the back garden.

Tbh, I don't really like foam for long term storage. It's got good shock absorbing ability, but I'm concerned that it can also trap moisture.

I sure did! :)

Three Radians for £340 quid? Too good to miss!

The offer was not available in the Netherlands, otherwise I would have jumped at it. Regarding moisture: just chuck any silica gel packages that come with electronics or other products into the case, that solves the problem.