Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Hi,

this is my eyepiece case. It's from a hardware store. I replaced the tool board that was in the lid with finger foam. The same foam fills up the compartments to different heights, so that when the lid is closed everything is more or less fixed.

Some eyepieces still move about a little when I carry the case, but but they are arranged so that they only touch each other with their rubber parts. Everything should be safe this way.

post-38669-0-11987300-1412346658_thumb.j

In the case are:

bottom-left

Giotto's rocket blower, spare eyepiece cups, some small hex keys and a 1.25" polarising filter for daytime use.

top-left

Thousand Oaks 4" steel-on-glass solar filter, T-adapter with 1.25" nosepiece, Celestron 0.63x flattener-reducer for SCT.

top-middle

TV Nagler 4.8mm (82°),  TV Wide Field 15mm (65°), TV Plössl 26mm (50°), GSO Plössl 32mm (52°), TV Delos 8mm (72°).

top-right

Maxvision 34mm (68°), Maxvision 28mm (68°)

bottom-right

two TV barlows, 1.8x and 2.5x

bottom-middle

Maxvision 20mm (68°), Maxvision 24mm (68°), Skywatcher Nirvana 16mm (82°), TV Delos 12mm (72°) and a TV Plössl 7.4mm (50°).

These eyepieces all work down to F/5, except the GSO. I have two more eyepieces that don't. They serve as dust stops for my telescopes: a 20mm Edscorp Erfle of 40 years old, and a 25mm Celestron that came with my SCT.

My 70mm MiniMak spotting scope has an 8-24mm zoom, but that is not a very good eyepiece. The GSO 32mm is my preferred eyepiece on the Minimak, together with the TV 26mm and the TV 15mm (small eyepieces for a small scope).

Well, that's it, my eyepiece case on a bright sunny day.

Clear skies.

Thats a nice and versitile set Ruud :smiley:

Shane: Some of the winged eyecups there look like the ones that Tele Vue supplied with the early "smooth side" plossls. The work well but can't be folded down if you don't want the "wing" up.

Yes, those are the winged rubber eye guards that came with the TV eyepieces (1990). They're not fixed. If you don't want to use them, you pull them off and the eyepieces become metal, flat-topped. The green letters on the 26 and 7.4 mm are high on the barrel and get covered by the rubber eye guards.

The barlows and the four older TV eyepieces.are from Televue's Japan years. The Delos are engraved with "Taiwan ROC". They know how to make a good eyepiece in Asia. The Maxvisions and the Nirvana are from mainland China.

...... The green letters on the 26 and 7.4 mm are high on the barrel and get covered by the rubber eye guards.

I think thats because your 26 and 7.4 are from the first production run. The later run of the "smooth sides" moved the lettering to the bottom of the barrel so it could be read with the eye guars in place.

Nice eyepieces :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

here's my latest incarnation. not changed that much in the last few years but added an eyeguard extender to the 32mm TV plossl, added a 40mm TV widefield and sold my 13mm Ethos to contribute to a solar scope and buy the 12mm T2 Nagler.

post-5119-0-45865600-1413226869_thumb.jp

• Like 2

That is a whole lot of green!!

Which get most use?

Paul

you may be surprised ......25mm plossl and 20mm plossl as I get more opportunity for solar than anything else these days.

For a session at night though it is 26, 16 & 12 angles and the zoom unless sketching then I prefer a 50 degree field again.

Hi,

this is my eyepiece case. It's from a hardware store. I replaced the tool board that was in the lid with finger foam. The same foam fills up the compartments to different heights, so that when the lid is closed everything is more or less fixed.

Some eyepieces still move about a little when I carry the case, but but they are arranged so that they only touch each other with their rubber parts. Everything should be safe this way.

attachicon.gifIMG_0725-4x3-reducedEU.jpg

In the case are:

bottom-left

Giotto's rocket blower, spare eyepiece cups, some small hex keys and a 1.25" polarising filter for daytime use.

top-left

Thousand Oaks 4" steel-on-glass solar filter, T-adapter with 1.25" nosepiece, Celestron 0.63x flattener-reducer for SCT.

top-middle

TV Nagler 4.8mm (82°),  TV Wide Field 15mm (65°), TV Plössl 26mm (50°), GSO Plössl 32mm (52°), TV Delos 8mm (72°).

top-right

Maxvision 34mm (68°), Maxvision 28mm (68°)

bottom-right

two TV barlows, 1.8x and 2.5x

bottom-middle

Maxvision 20mm (68°), Maxvision 24mm (68°), Skywatcher Nirvana 16mm (82°), TV Delos 12mm (72°) and a TV Plössl 7.4mm (50°).

These eyepieces all work down to F/5, except the GSO. I have two more eyepieces that don't. They serve as dust stops for my telescopes: a 20mm Edscorp Erfle of 40 years old, and a 25mm Celestron that came with my SCT.

My 70mm MiniMak spotting scope has an 8-24mm zoom, but that is not a very good eyepiece. The GSO 32mm is my preferred eyepiece on the Minimak, together with the TV 26mm and the TV 15mm (small eyepieces for a small scope).

Well, that's it, my eyepiece case on a bright sunny day.

Clear skies.

Very nice collection of kit! Those MVs work well next to TV kit, I have found. Really good value for money

• Like 1

Impressive eyepiece cases you folks got!

Here is my not so impressive eyepiece case, but it works quite well with my old Cave Astrola. I also got a Televue Panoptic 35 mm eyepiece that is a very good performer.

celestron-eyepiece-and-filter-kit.jpeg

• Like 1

On the subject of Orthos, anyone worried about my ongoing OCD anguish can relax. The 5mm has finally been found, and the Hutech is on its way to Alan. No difference in performance of course, but..... well it's black and green isn't it ;-)

b5370a7f351a8620e795f4bc49b6255e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

grats Stu on complete set of BGo`s. :D

Nearly.... :-)

I have deliberately missed the 4mm as the eye relief just gets too tight for me below the 5mm. Plus my case is full ;-)

Nearly.... :-)

I have deliberately missed the 4mm as the eye relief just gets too tight for me below the 5mm. Plus my case is full ;-)

I don't think there is a 4mm BGO Stu. Fujiyama does one though. Great optically but the eye lens and eye relief has got very, very small at 4mm.

Nice set :smiley:

Do you use 2" EP's at all or have you settled on all 1.25" ?

Apologies if you have posted elsewhere in this thread and I ought to know this !