NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Devon Newbie

3DJUNKIE

Hi, Grant, and welcome to SGL.

Second question first: Torbay Astro. [I know no more about it than what is on its website]

As to your first telescope: What do you want to achieve (just visual or imaging as well)? What is your budget? With the answers to these questions we can start to provide some tailored advice. In addition, going along to your local club will be a good way (particularly the observation evening on 20th) to talk to people who are using scopes at the time and maybe even get a look through one or two.

Enjoy the journey.

Welcome to SGL Grant. You've made a very good start to your Astronomy adventure by joining this wonderful group of both amateur, and professional people, who are well versed.in the many facets that  make up the whole of Astronomy. Any advice, or questions hounded help with, you only need to ask.

Choice of a first telescope an important one to make, as they differ in a number of ways.      So, if you state what interests you most, and what expectations you have, good advice will be offered to you. 

Best Wishes, and enjoy yourself, you will make some good friends here.:icon_salut:

Ron.

23 hours ago, 3DJUNKIE said:

Hi all

Newbie ere from Devon ( Torbay ) 

Just looking around  to get info  on what to get  for my 1st telescope  and also any clubs etc in my area.

cheers 

Grant T 

Hi Grant and welcome to SGL!

As a Somerset folk I envy you Devon people for your extremely low light pollution! But hey, don’t have time for arguments as what I call ‘Nebula Season’ is coming up! Basically a time you can see a lot of Nebula! Anyway I’ve not got much to say regarding the telescope as I’m still a beginner with a scope on the way! I could give you some basic guidlines with a bit more info though!

Jojo

Hello and Welcome to SGL, rumor is you have some darker skies available making visual astronomy that much more rewarding and a definate advantage...even astrophotography is much better easier and quicker under dark skies so alot of choice as to targeted interests moving forward for you. Best of Luck and the Clearest of Skies...

Freddie ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived