Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cassiopeia from the garden

toxic

composite image of Cassiopeia from the back garden and part of the house .
1 image of the house.
67 images at 3 minutes each at iso 6400 eos 200D with 50mm lens at f7.1 on the SW star adventurer.

thanks for looking and all cc welcome

cass foreground-and background-psp.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's great.  You've got the Heart & Soul nebulae (and some additional nebulosity around the central star of the "W"), different colour stars, the double cluster and a little bit of "human structure".  It's a great illustration of some of the objects that are out there and I think communicates really well the message "Just look at the things that are right above your head".

James

thank a lot  James i think it makes a bit of a difference to have the foreground in the picture i have seen a few pics with them in so i thought i would give it a go and thanks Martin  there is a few aint there lol

Nice composition, would have worked nicely in the 'inspirational skies' comp.

Which 50mm lends did you use? My helios58mm and Sirius 28mm both show badly stretched stars in the corners.

I'd like to get a better behaved lens without having to spend £££ - and one taht will focus in a modded camera.

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Nice composition, would have worked nicely in the 'inspirational skies' comp.

Which 50mm lends did you use? My helios58mm and Sirius 28mm both show badly stretched stars in the corners.

I'd like to get a better behaved lens without having to spend £££ - and one taht will focus in a modded camera.

thanks Neil its the canon 50mm and it shows bad stars in the corners until you step it down to F7.1 then its fine it seems to be the sweet spot for this lens and the 200D is not modified lens's and camera are as i bought them from currys.

I'm a big fan of wide shots of the constellation and this one is a great example. The Double Cluster making a cheeky appearance at the bottom is a worthy result on its own. Then there is everything else! 

Very well done indeed. 

58 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Just noticed there's another open cluster in the very top right, too.  I believe it's NGC 7789?

James

thanks James i think it is but its no showing up in astrometry 

Archived