Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello All

Chress

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and I'm interested in learning more about astrophotography and getting out into the field and practising, probably making lots of newbie mistakes along the way but hopefully learning! I am located in Birmingham UK, not great for unpolluted skies I know! I have a keen interest in Landscape photography but would like to expand and start capturing the night sky, the milky way in particular being my first goal.  

I have recently purchased a Sky Guider Pro mount to enable me to take longer exposures without star trails but really i'm just starting out on this journey so will add to my gear as and when I become a little more confident.

Anyway for now hello! I look forwards to learning a lot more by reading through the forums, asking questions of those more experienced and actually getting out with my camera!  ?

Chris

Howdy from Kentucky! Welcome to the forum! I'm into observational astronomy so can't help with AP, but there are a ton of AP folks here with a world of knowledge. You've come to the right place.

Thanks Greymouser, yes I will certainly welcome any advice as there is a lot to learn starting from scratch! Looking forwards to the challenge though and hope to get some reasonable shots!

Whistling Bob, thank you for the advice on the book I will be sure to check that out and yes I will definitely see what clubs are around locally!

Archived