Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hey,

I recently started with astrophotography. I used a Canon EOS 80D with a 200mm telephoto lens. Now I got a Bresser 96-18760 - Skylux 70-700 telescope. I have already seen some beautiful nebulae. Now I want to attach my camera to the telescope. On the internet I have already found something of what I could use, but before I buy something I want to be sure that it will work. I have read that you can attach the camera to the telescope via a T2 ring and a special lens. For the T2 ring I found this: https://goo.gl/1GN4Zi. To attach the T2 ring to the telescope I found this: https://goo.gl/wgVBfX the only problem with this part is, that it isn't the correct size. It say's 1,25 inch, but my ocular is 1,6 inch. I can't find the correct part to attach my Canon 80D on my Bresser telescope.

Hello and welcome to SGL. 1.25" or 31.7mm refers to the diameter of the eyepiece fitting (chrome part of the eyepiece barrel or the diameter of the eyepiece holder in the focuser). The other common size is 2" (50.4mm) which is more common on bigger telescopes. The Bresser camera adapter will fit your telescope, which uses the standard 1.25" fitting.

Am assuming when you say ocular you're referring to an eyepiece. Eyepieces are removed from the scope when using a camera. The camera _replaces_ the eyepiece.

17 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Hello and welcome to SGL. 1.25" or 31.7mm refers to the diameter of the eyepiece fitting (chrome part of the eyepiece barrel or the diameter of the eyepiece holder in the focuser). The other common size is 2" (50.4mm) which is more common on bigger telescopes. The Bresser camera adapter will fit your telescope, which uses the standard 1.25" fitting.

I get it now, I was measuring the wrong part apparently. So just to be clear, I attach my camera to the T2 ring and the T2 ring connects to an adapter witch replaces the eyepiece. And do I have to use an adapter from Bresser? Or will a adapter from a brand like Orion work to?

8 minutes ago, Marci said:

Am assuming when you say ocular you're referring to an eyepiece

Yes, that's correct. I forget the correct name for it. English isn't my first language.

4 minutes ago, martijnschuman said:

I get it now, I was measuring the wrong part apparently. So just to be clear, I attach my camera to the T2 ring and the T2 ring connects to an adapter witch replaces the eyepiece. And do I have to use an adapter from Bresser? Or will a adapter from a brand like Orion work to?

Yes, that's correct. I forget the correct name for it. English isn't my first language.

Any similar adapter will work. With type of adapter you need to use an eyepiece inside the adapter, without one your telescope will not reach focus. Another option is to use a barlow lens with a built in t-thread like this one. 

I've taken a quick look.    The items linked in the original post will work.

There is a bonus that you will be able to put an eyepiece inside the adapeter to do eyepiece projection photography.  Don't expect that to work well for astronomy though.  you will be best leaving using the prime focus technique.  That is, connect the EOS-T2 adapter, then the T2-1.25" adapter.

Archived