Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello World (Again)

Muzz

Hello everyone,

My name is Murray and I woz ere back in 2007 so I have been away for over a decade don't worry it's nothing personal its just my fault and changing hobbies etc. Back then I had a Meade ETX90 and it wasn't the best (nor was I!) so I never really got into this hobby very much and just let things slip whilst life moved on.

Now life has moved on and here I am back again with the astronomy bug back again and I trust this time for good a new opportunity to do things properly this time. We bought a new home in a small village with little light pollution and It's quite a sight to see this faint but noticeable vertical cloud band like Milky Way whilst coming back from the shop with the milk and a loaf. 

Makes me feel humble and puts any of life's wee niggles into perspective when you realise just how small you are.

Its also quite nice to see the airplanes doing the transatlantic crossings - May need to try and  use the scope to have a look at them one day!

So before I got all giddy again and started the commencement of turning my head to mush (Doesn't take much) with the technicalities of this hobby I thought it's best to do things properly and start a fresh.

Now if you will exclude me I have 10 years of forum to catch up on - Anyone fancy a brew?

Clear skies :)

Murray

Hi, Murray, and welcome (back) to SGL.

I guess a lot of us have had the experience of a scope that "wasn't the best" for us (I certainly have). When it comes to purchasing astro-gear, I am reminded of the old maxim "measure twice, cut once".

Hello All,

Thanks for the kind words and friendly comments :)

Its nice to be back and whilst I have only viewed a fraction of the content (you have all been busy!) :D on this forum its clear to see its deserved reputation!

I have been looking into options and making some headway but still a lot of work to do. Luckily in no rush as I want to do things right but I am wondering about an ED80 Pro & HEQ5 Pro with natural option to get another scope (SCT / Mak) for lunar observation. Its fun and pleasant just to look at the forum and browse through the endless beautifal images that remind me why I want to get into this hobby properly.

Thank you all so much for being you :) I appreciate your friendliness.

Clear skies and best wishes,

Murray 

Once you have introduced yourself to the Night Sky, for however short a period, you will never be able to divorce yourself from it.  Now it has drawn you back, and probably you will never again let go.           Suffice to say, this forum will always warmly welcome  people back into the fold, and you won't find a better place for the knowledge and friendships that will help merge you back into astronomy again.                        Best Wishes, and welcome back.  

Archived