Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 & M82

lux eterna

This is a mosaic from one camera and two telescopes on three occations.
Background is done with a 700mm F6.5 apo but for the galaxies I used my Meade LX200-ACF plus 0.78x reducer. Each one of those got 26x15 min @iso200 with a modded Nikon D7000 and CLS filter.

Mount is HEQ5 Pro, guided with a standalone NexGuider. Captured with DslrDashboard on Android tablet.
No darks, flats or bias used. Processing with Registar, PS and Topaz Suite.

Ragnar

m81_m82.jpg

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Gosh that’s good. 

3 hours ago, Stargazer33 said:

That is really nice and clean; especially as you didn't use any calibration data.

3 hours ago, Red Dwarfer said:

Excellent ! I can just make out NGC3077 at the top of the photograph :smile:

Thank you tooth_dr, Stargazer33 and RedDwarfer.

I guess the cold weather helped to supress some noise, it was minus 10 degrees C at the end of each session.

Re NGC3077 - that is not the one. I searched for it but neither Stellarium nor MS WorldWideTelescope has any info on it´s name.

Ragnar

14 hours ago, lux eterna said:

Thank you tooth_dr, Stargazer33 and RedDwarfer.

I guess the cold weather helped to supress some noise, it was minus 10 degrees C at the end of each session.

Re NGC3077 - that is not the one. I searched for it but neither Stellarium nor MS WorldWideTelescope has any info on it´s name.

Ragnar

I might have made a mistake , or the Star Walk app has got it wrong - here is a screenshot of the equidistant arrowhead the 3 DSOs make - PS , Star Walk has got things a bit off scale in the past so it is just a rough guide 

7F48C9E4-A65E-48B0-97E5-17170CEC7A50.png

On 2018-04-01 at 13:29, CraigT82 said:

It's UGC5247 I think.  Great image btw! 

Yes, that is the one ! Thank you.

Ragnar

21 hours ago, Lars said:

Beautiful image with a lot of details. Great processing.

/Lars

Tack Lars !

Ragnar

17 hours ago, MikeODay said:

Beautiful image Ragnar.  Very nice composition and I like the burst of colour in one and the details in the other.

Thanks Mike, I tried to get a balance between the two - nice to know it worked !

Ragnar

Archived