NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter and Mars Conjunction

tooth_dr

A great set of photos;  I particularly love to see the young ones enjoying this hobby and likely it will be a lifetime memory for them :icon_biggrin:. I got up at about 5:30 and saw extensive, thin cloud :hmh:, but hung around about 30 minutes to catch a few glimpses of the pair with my 15x70 binos. Decided not to open the obs due to persistent cloud, but went back to bed happy to have seen the close pairing.

Really nice set, you captured it well. Children look like they enjoyed it too :)

I did not need my 5am alarm clock this morning, a wriggling short person in the bed kept me awake from 4!

Thanks everyone.  It was really great to get the kids out (my third isnt quite old enough yet to get it, but he's getting there!).  They all wave and shout hello everytime they see the moon, and comment on the size or shape, took them a while to work out that just cos the moons in the sky doesnt automatically mean that its bedtime!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived