Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from SW Somerset

Hi,

I have recently retired meaning I can stay up nights and sleep in days, ideal for longer darker evenings.

Hoping to get my Dark Star 12" Dobsonian and Tele Vue Genesis 4" into use soonish.

My astronomy re-booted seeing M22 globular cluster in Saggitarius recently using a pair of Strathspey 7x50 marine binoculars. Since then I have got a Helios Lightquest 11x70 pair and a 10mm Pentax UW which gives 50x magnification in the Genesis.

Loved watching the Perseids a week ago and still get thrills looking at the Moon.

Welcome to SGL - Hailed from Somerset originally myself, always said that I wanted to return there, but ended up in Spain instead :D Still get back there every 4 months for now...... 

Look forward to seeing you around, I'm sure you'll have a great time here with like minded people :) 

Welcome.  Not sure what counts as south west Somerset (to me it suggest the Wellington/Taunton area), but if you're anywhere at the western end of the county then you're probably not that far away.

James

A warm SGL welcome to you. Astronomy fits right into the Retirement Arena, as you say,
the time is mostly your own.  You will be well kitted out for the job when you have your
list of equipment in place.
Best Wishes, and just enjoy SGL, and your Astronomy, you'll find the two blend very nicely.

Archived