Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

An Amateur Astronomer's Life

jambouk

I'm not sure how I stumbled on it, but I saw this book online and ordered a copy. It arrived today and while I've only read one chapter, it is my sort of book - interesting stories, uninhibited authorship, easy to read, very non-pretentious conversational style text, plenty of accompanying images... I look forward to reading the rest, but it's a thick book! [I have no conflicts of interests with this book, its author or its publisher].

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1530573963/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487451036&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=Mr+Geoffrey+James+Kirby&dpPl=1&dpID=51PDQy3ya4L&ref=plSrch

IMG_0197.JPG

Read this last year and it is a great book with some really interesting stuff in it.

I wish there were more like these, delving into the world of amateur astronomy, instead of of the endless succession of beginner guides to astronomy that you see in book shops.

12 hours ago, colin2007 said:

I wish there were more like these, delving into the world of amateur astronomy, instead of of the endless succession of beginner guides to astronomy that you see in book shops.

Get writing then :)

I've since found another book, American, but looks interesting. My copy has arrived, but I've yet to read any of it other than a few lines and it also looks like an interesting read:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waxing-Waning-Memoir-Amateur-Astronomer/dp/149903895X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487697572&sr=8-1&keywords=9781499038958

James

Archived