SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 12 Astroboot / Bring and Buy

Ant

Welcome to the SGL12 Bring and Buy thread. 

We have tried a few different different approaches to the Star Party Bring and Buy sale. We've tried set times and locations, and whilst it didn't not work... it didn't work that well either. 

So this year a new approach. We will still have a thread (this thread) on the forum where attendees can post up details of the items that they are taking to sell at the Star Party, these details should of course include the price. Our thinking is that by including the price it enables people that have their eyes on a new mount or camera, to take funds with them for the item that they fancy. 

So this year nice and easy...

The transaction is nothing to do with SGL. We do not want to hear about any disputes - the deal is between the buyer and the seller. 

How and when you display goods for sale is up to you. At many star parties people have goods for sale on tables on their own pitches, or have mounts setup with a "For Sale" sign hanging around them. Whichever way suits you best.

We would love for this to encourage people to walk round all the pitches see whats about, talk to people etc. Who knows who you'll meet, or which scopes you may get to look at/through that you never even knew were there.

Just one word of caution. Please remember that the camp site is open to members of the public and also other campers that are not part of SGL - you need to take whatever precautions that you feel are right to protect your items.

Once pitch numbers have been announced you can edit your post with your pitch number so that buyers can come find you.

SO... What have you got to sell at SGL12? 

• Like 5

Hmm, sounds good, just that nearly everything is sold by the time SGL comes around.

At Psp (rip) we used to have a table / car boot on Saturday morning. You could browse stuff that what was sale. It was better just to announce a sale for that morning/ day.

I'm bringing some goodies for sale, they'll be at my pitch,

old Nick.

• Like 2

I have about 10" by 10" of red film that people can help themselves to. I'll also be getting rid of my 5" f5 reflector - excellent condition, although I replaced the secondary screws with longer ones and put mini wooden birthday candle holder things on each of them. I stuck them on with gorilla glue so they're a bit messy, and also there's a small blob on the inside of the tube - none of which affects the optics though. Comes with a telrad base and 30mm finder. £60

I also have a skywatcher supatrak mount (not goto) +cash, which I'd consider swapping for an AZ4 mount. Don't want to get rid of it without an AZ4.

I have a spare planisphere which I'll give away for £3, and I don't use 2" eyepieces so will sell the 2" to 2" extender that came with my dob for £5.

I'm looking for a cheap but decent (around £20-£25) 32mm plossl eyepiece for wider TFOVs, if anyone has one spare.

I'll be at pitch 62, arriving some time Friday and leaving on Sunday.   

Edited by Joe12345

On 25 August 2016 at 10:47, cotterless45 said:

Hmm, sounds good, just that nearly everything is sold by the time SGL comes around.

At Psp (rip) we used to have a table / car boot on Saturday morning. You could browse stuff that what was sale. It was better just to announce a sale for that morning/ day.

I'm bringing some goodies for sale, they'll be at my pitch,

old Nick.

That's exactly what we have done for the past few years and we feel it's now time for a change. 

• Like 1

Looking to move on my SW Skymax 150 pro with a SW AZ4.  Should be available to view on pitch 108 unless I get moved. The SW  150 at £400 original packaging.ep,finder scope,diagonal. a few marks on the vixen bar but apart from that it's as new. The AZ4 will also be available, looking for something in the region of £90 to £100.

please PM if you want more info or photos.

That will be pitch 18 then not 108.

Edited by Sirius Starwatcher

9 hours ago, Sirius Starwatcher said:

Looking to move on my SW Skymax 150 pro with a SW AZ4.  Should be available to view on pitch 108 unless I get moved. The SW  150 at £400 original packaging.ep,finder scope,diagonal. a few marks on the vixen bar but apart from that it's as new. The AZ4 will also be available, looking for something in the region of £90 to £100.

I'm looking for an az4 for my 4" f10 achro at the moment, so could you reserve it please?

On 11/09/2016 at 21:16, Sirius Starwatcher said:

Could you please send me pictures of the 150 pro. I'm thinking of buying it as my first scope. Thanks. 

• Like 1

I have a couple of bits to move on:

SW ST80 refractor with built in dew heater - F5 400mm, good for a guide scope - will include rings and a short vixen dovetail (if I can find it). £50 **Reserved for reddoss**

Phillips SPC880 (SPC 900 FW) camera with nosepiece and original lens. Good as a basic guide camera, or solar / lunar / planetary cam, or even as a good webcam. It doesn't have the LX mod. £40.

Starsharp Bahtinov mask for a 150P reflector. May work on a 6" refractor too. It has a crack in it (I trod on it in the dark!) but works fine. £10

Skywatcher EQ3/5 flexible control cable thing - it's about 12" long and black. £5.

These items are no longer needed so need a new home.

I'll be on Kingfisher 15 all week.

Edited by Jonk

there friday to sunday, just selling a 2" H Beta filter. Skywatcher brand for £25 (boxed and includes light tranmission curve graph on box)

Also a car cigarette lighter style power cord plug in splitter, one to 2. same as this https://www.amazon.co.uk/into-HELLA-Double-Lighter-Socket/dp/B001LIKWIU/ref=sr_1_30?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1474100832&sr=1-30   I want £3 please

Selling one of these. http://www.365astronomy.com/365Astronomy-19mm-Andromeda-Extra-Flat-1.25-Eyepiece.html  Its boxed with end caps and I want £20 for it. 

steve

Edited by bomberbaz
ADDITION TO SALE LIST
  • Like 1

I have an unopened set of 36mm Baader LRGB filters £240ish, and may even part with a flocked and blackened 200PDS, probably around the standard 200quid mark.

If I can be persuaded to sell the scope, I've got a telrad, an Orion SSAG and 50mm guide scope, and a Baader MPCC I'll not use again.  Afraid I've joined the frac revolution...

dunno where my pitch is, but I'm there fri-sun - update, I'm on Hare 60

Edited by jimboozle
Found me pitch
  • Like 1

Starting the sort out/clear out (long overdue!).  So here are a few things to start with...

Skywatcher Mak 180Pro - old gold style.  No accessories.  Looking for about £400.

Celestron C6 SCT - bought as the cheapest way to buy the Evolution Mount as they don't sell the  mount separately!  Taken on holiday a coupe of times, but that's it.  Should have the usual accessories (red dot finder, basic diagonal, and probably an eyepiece) - £375

Borg 77 with 0.85 reducer, but no focusser (I'm keeping the helical)   Comes with rings and a finder.  This has had a hard life, not sure how many owners before me, but I bought it off Tim who had taken some nice images with it.  So cosmetically not brilliant, but very light and comes apart for travel.  Probably worth checking it out before you buy!  Looking for ~£425

PST Mod bits - Vixen 80 shortened tube, PST etalon and adapters, focusers (2 - 1 to get the spacing right and then another for focus), 90mm ERF (needs a better holder).  Got a picture in Sky at Night with this :smile: but just not being used as I have other solar.  Worth coming to see before you buy - not sure on price, bits were quite expensive, but £550?  (cheaper than a new PST!)   [Pending subject to discussion at star party)

QHY8Pro colour - big chip - never really got going with this many years ago - was trying with hyperstar, and got some frosting/dewing issues.  But I got a heater ring from Bern, and I think people have sorted out using this and variable power along with dessicant.  I changed direction, and this has sat in the obs.  So I'm offering a cheap way in to a large chip - APC-sized ...  £400.

I'm in a pod, but will be around...

Helen