Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dark Lawton said:

Hi

Am selling my celeston 5se it like brand new with a skywatcher power tank, and a 5mmbst starguider ep plus a xcell-xl 9mm ep if anyone interested they can view the scope

Hi there Mark,

Shame you are selling your scope, unless it is to upgrade to a shiny new one of course.

Thanks for giving us the heads up on here, however you'll need to move your post to the classifieds to keep to the rules on SGL :)

19 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Ooh, new AN and S@N have both dropped through the door at the same time! Plus, there is a free Planisphere in S@N - bargain! Looks like a decent one too. Love free gifts :)

Yea i saw it was coming with a planisphere. should be at my house then tonight 

Morning all 

I hope someone managed to get out last night. The sky looked really noce about 2am right through to dawn.

Unfortunately I was on nights and unable to take advantage. Hopefully the weekend will be good.

It wasn't great here early evening with high cloud around. However, it looked nice when I went up to bed around 11pm. Couldn't go out though as I'm on earlies this week. Hopefully we'll get some clear skies over the weekend now the moon is a bit more out of the way too :)

Managed a couple of images last night, my alignment/& focus was not too good, think I rushed it a bit, actually used a star map for the first time ,( well turn left at Orion ha ha) .

M57 & M71 screen captures straight from the Atik Infinity.

eric

m57yyy-2.jpg

m71wg.jpg

Great job Eric! Lovely colour there in M57. I've not ticked M71 off my Messier list yet, so I'll have to try to find that one next time I'm out. Yes OK, the focus could have been as little tighter, but you know what, it's a result! Hoping we get some clear sky over the weekend and I'll try to get out if anyone is meeting up anywhere :)

4 hours ago, mapstar said:

Great effort there Eric. It seemed to be quite clear last night none of the high cloud that has been there for a few weeks. Hopefully I'm going to try for Saturday or Sunday night for a session out. 

Fingers crossed Damian

13 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

From my limited experience, its getting it in focus that i fined can take the most time to get right. 

I left the Bhatinov Mask in the house & was too lazy to get it ha ha as clouds were heading my way, as it happened they diverted away and left me with 2 hours reasonable skies'

5 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Great job Eric! Lovely colour there in M57. I've not ticked M71 off my Messier list yet, so I'll have to try to find that one next time I'm out. Yes OK, the focus could have been as little tighter, but you know what, it's a result! Hoping we get some clear sky over the weekend and I'll try to get out if anyone is meeting up anywhere :)

Thanks Vicky

Well, it stopped pretty cloudy over my way for all of the evening. Headed to bed around 11pm as I didn't want to be too late. Got that Solar and deep space imaging course today over at Pontefract with Gary Palmer which I'm really looking forward to. Hoping to learn a few new skills ahead of Kelling Heath later this week and also meet a few new astro bods. I'll let you know how I get on :)

Archived