NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

6 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

or 3,4,5 or even 6 :) ive emailed the pub anyway Vicky to warn them that your supping tonight :)

Yea, im getting there with it, slowly but getting there none the less with it, just practice is all it is. Hopefully get a good turn out tonight, ill try and get there in good time

Might push to 3 if people stop in the pub long enough...... 4 and someone would have to carry me home haha

Hoping we get clear skies tomorrow night. Yes, it's full moon, BUT I would still like to get out and set up and practice some autoguiding. Would like to have a go at a nice bright target with the Atik such as M57, M27 or even M97 if I can find it with it being such a bright sky :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Might push to 3 if people stop in the pub long enough...... 4 and someone would have to carry me home haha

Hoping we get clear skies tomorrow night. Yes, it's full moon, BUT I would still like to get out and set up and practice some autoguiding. Would like to have a go at a nice bright target with the Atik such as M57, M27 or even M97 if I can find it with it being such a bright sky :)

i cant carry you with my back sorry. someone else might. same here, ill be out tomorrow for more practice, scopes charged up so even if i havnt got my lead done by then i should be ok for an evening out in the garden

It really was a great turn out last night with around 10 visitors. One new face, a man named Peter, is going to come back again for the next meeting and he will keep an eye on the website or on our thread here on SGL for details. Chris - does the hyperlink on the website link through to this new thread? Good to meet Declan too. It was also nice to meet some of the WYAS gang, Pam's lemon drizzle cake was delicious! Hopefully everyone felt welcome and I look forward to our next meeting :)

Indeed it was a good talk. Good to hear from our new visitors that they saw the website / Facebook page so the word is getting out there to people. I'll check the link on the site. There's one to the events page but not sure if there's a link to this thread. I'll check that when I get to work. 

I look forward to Lee's talk on October 6th about the aurora. :)

17 minutes ago, Dec said:

Thanks for the invite to Pauls talk last night. It was great to meet you all. I really enjoyed it, I thought Paul was brilliant and very entertaining.

Cheers and thanks again

Declan

It was really good to met you Declan. Hopefully we'll see you again soon at either another meeting or at one of our viewing nights :)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

I haven't tried it yet. Might test it tonight if I get chance. Hoping we get some clear skies so I can practice setting up the guide camera etc

What model is it

Haha, very funny Mark - I paid up another year in July, so you're all stuck with me now!!! Mwahahaha.....

Neil - my tablet is an Acer Aspire P3 but I haven't managed to test it tonight - will try it running PHD next time I'm out, but it seems to be quite a slow running tablet.

Got set up, got the autiguider camera focused with PHD running and guiding well. Then got my Atik CCD focused. Managed to find M57 The Ring Nebula, then the clouds came in, and did they come in thick and fast!!!

Managed a couple of 30 second exposure test shots, but the clouds were coming across and spoiling the images.

Successful night in the way that I got autoguiding and imaging with the CCD on my own, but I didn't get any good images.

Also, APT chucked a wobbly again and made all the screen go weird - it did it before and I had to uninstall and reinstall it. Think I'm going to need to install a different image capture software as APT doesn't seem to be very reliable.

Anyway, here's my "test" image of M57 - it's not good, but at least I know I'm up and running with things :)

M57 16.09.2016 (2).jpg

Archived