SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stuff to consider buying for my scope now, ive been told that changing to a 2ich visual back will be better for attaching the dslr to, then i also need to get the t-adapter, i have the t-ring on the camera already, just need to connect it to the scope.

All my eye pieces are 1.25 inch so i guess unless i buy some 2 inch ones ill just have to change the visual back for when i want to do visual.

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

To be honest Damian, I thought M51 at Winscar in your scope was absolutely stunning the night I saw it

Was pretty good Eric but at galloway my socks were the other end of the campsite having had them blown that far off by the view!:icon_bounce:

Just packing ready for Kelling tomorrow and gathering all my gear together in the living room.

Now is the "How am I going to get this lot in my car??????" moment as I realise I have got quite a bit more kit than last time I went. Good job there is only me and my gear to get in haha. The thought crossed my mind that I might have to leave the bottle of wine at home, but then I came to my senses lol ;)

Chris, you could either just attach your 2" visual back when you are using the DSLR or get a diagonal that includes a 2" to 1.25" reducer. Must decent quality ones will come with one. However, I put my original 1.25" visual back on the SCT when I pack it away as my 2" visual back adapter doesn't have a cover. 

Right, all my gear is in the lounge. Time for lunch before work. Mark, the wine will definitely have a space, no fear! So will the 2 bottles of Singha lol. It's a right pile, the tripods are already in the car and I've not even got my bedding and other camping and cooking gear sorted yet as most of that gear is still in Terry's car following our family camping holiday! 

I'll squeeze it all in I'm sure. I'll open the door at Kelling and it'll all just spring out haha :)

IMG_20160927_121830.jpg

Why has my post gone weird again? SGL hasn't done that for ages! 

Anyway, the rest of the kit is already in the car LOL. The boot is full of tripods and electric cables nd hook ups etc.

Thought I'd take the plant for a little holiday haha, thought it'd enjoy the break.

Came across my counterweights when I went to check the conservatory..... That would have been interesting if I'd gone without those!

Going to get the car loaded first thing in the morning. Can't leave that lot in there over night. Then it's work (flu clinics tomorrow so that'll be fun) and then straight to Kelling. Setting off at 1pm as soon as I've finished work, so hopefully I'll be down there for around 5pm if I have a good run.

By the way, the pile grew a bit after I'd posted my last pic......

8 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Just packing ready for Kelling tomorrow and gathering all my gear together in the living room.

Now is the "How am I going to get this lot in my car??????" moment as I realise I have got quite a bit more kit than last time I went. Good job there is only me and my gear to get in haha. The thought crossed my mind that I might have to leave the bottle of wine at home, but then I came to my senses lol ;)

Clear Skies to you Vicky

Right, it's all gone in! My poor car! Don't know of I'll get it back in when I come home, but I'll worry about that on Sunday lol

Damian, safe journey and hope you have a good time in Wales. Clear skies!

It'll be quiet on here now for a few days as there is almost zero internet connection at Kelling, so enjoy it whilst you can haha ;)

I was up at 6:15 this morning and was greeted with a lovely crescent moon and Mercury. Sirius was shining bright and in there was Orion striding majestically across the sky's. 

It was a lovely sight but by 6:45 the sun had washed all but the moon out. Just wish I'd taken the camera out with me and the dog 

Archived