Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

I think if i had a proper deep sky camera I could get nice results. I have lots of patience when trying to find the objects 

I must admit it dose get frustrating trying to find the objects. 

I could find the Andromeda Galaxy in the finder scope but not in the camera 

57 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

Well, i guess id better put up a couple of images that i took with my dmk planetary camera last night.  Last nights exercise was more to get to grips with tracking really as my scope with this camera has a very small field of view, so getting the objects into view can be 'tricky' but I cracked it last night and was able to slew to objects without having to remove the camera to find them visually first.

Objects are, Dumbell nebula, M13,M31,M57, M92

As I say, more of a practice and the camera is not meant for deep sky objects, thats my excuse anyway!! :)

DUMBELL_0001.png

M13_0001.png

m31_0002.png

m57_0007.png

M92_0002.png

That's well good with a Planetary camera, M57 especially looks nice

Anyone else watch the series of Space program's on Discovery today ?, the evolution of the telescope I especially liked, the Hubble Deep  field image was and still is the most inspiring image ever taken in my opinion , (10 days focused on a dark spot no bigger than a drinking straw)  it beggars belief what the James Webb will show us, apparently if it was on the moon it could detect a Candle light located on the earth !!!,

There are approx  10/20 ( 10 followed by 20 zero's )  known Galaxies, don't think the number of stars in that many Galaxies could be estimated, as a Mathematician Prof Stephen Hawkins quite simply stated that there is without doubt some form of intelligent life out in the Cosmos , they will visit us one day for sure, along with the fact that Human kind will have to find a new home elsewhere in the Universe in order to survive as a species.

i didnt see them, but i have just started watching Cosmos by Carl Sagan again, not seen it for 15 years or more, worth a watch if you havnt seen it before. And if you dont know who carl sagan is, hes like Brian cox but better and he doesnt use the word 'profound' as often lol

1 hour ago, astrotyke said:

i didnt see them, but i have just started watching Cosmos by Carl Sagan again, not seen it for 15 years or more, worth a watch if you havnt seen it before. And if you dont know who carl sagan is, hes like Brian cox but better and he doesnt use the word 'profound' as often lol

Probably a lot cheeper too! With the art of emphasis at the end of every sentence.

He was a visionary to say the least, a forward thinker in many ways and sold voyager to the public by posting a message on it. 

Fabulous 1000th post Lee! Here's to the next 1000 :)

Finally got round to looking at my subs from Saturday night. Not processed it much as there is only so much polishing you can do LOL.
M27 The Dumbbell Nebula in Vulpecula imaged on 17.09.2016 using Skywatcher Equinox 80 ED Pro and Atik 16IC-S monochrome CCD camera mounted on HEQ5 Pro SynScan
8 x 300 second and 8 x 420 second exposures stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and cropped with light processing in PS Elements 11

M27 17.09.2016.jpg

For information, Chris Lock has put a Horizon 7115 heavy duty tripod in the classifieds, and the price has now dropped to £45 (including postage I believe).

This is a very good tripod and the same model I have - would definitely recommend this to anyone who does not have a sturdy tripod.

It's great for mounting binoculars as it extends very high, but maintains its stability.

Anyway, just letting you guys know it's there :)

I think if the forum had not have changed the post count for everyone would have been through the roof. When they changed it and dropped taptalk it lost its appeal for a lot of people including me and I'm sure others on our thread 

2 hours ago, Mark62 said:

I think if the forum had not have changed the post count for everyone would have been through the roof. When they changed it and dropped taptalk it lost its appeal for a lot of people including me and I'm sure others on our thread 

I aggree Mark. I used to use tapatalk all the time

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Great stuff had a look Chris and more simplified. 

Glad you think so :) the design is going to change but i was more altering it for the layout.  That group picture on there is so old, think i need to change it as I dont recognize half the people on it

21 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Fabulous 1000th post Lee! Here's to the next 1000 :)

Finally got round to looking at my subs from Saturday night. Not processed it much as there is only so much polishing you can do LOL.
M27 The Dumbbell Nebula in Vulpecula imaged on 17.09.2016 using Skywatcher Equinox 80 ED Pro and Atik 16IC-S monochrome CCD camera mounted on HEQ5 Pro SynScan
8 x 300 second and 8 x 420 second exposures stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and cropped with light processing in PS Elements 11

M27 17.09.2016.jpg

Ive posted this onto the website too now for you now also :) 

Archived