NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fine, an easy fix. All you need is a new plug, chop the entire old one off and then solder the new one on. Somewhere like Maplin will sell a suitable plug of the right size. I can do that for you if you don't have a soldering iron.

34 minutes ago, MattGoo said:

That's fine, an easy fix. All you need is a new plug, chop the entire old one off and then solder the new one on. Somewhere like Maplin will sell a suitable plug of the right size. I can do that for you if you don't have a soldering iron.

Out of all my tools that I've got I've not got a soldering iron matt

3 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Nice image Neil - do you know what region it shows? 

You must have done a good job polar aligning the Star Adventurer as you have got nice round pinpoint stars. Image has a nice black sky too, which is very surprising given the awful conditions. Great result :)

I think its Perseus, Mirfak at the bottom?

1 hour ago, astrotyke said:

I think its Perseus, Mirfak at the bottom?

Mirfak would have more stars around it I think Chris.

16 hours ago, gtis said:

here's one i took on saturdayphoto.jpg

What direction was the camera pointed in? Hopefully Neil can remember? 

42 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Yea a good point Damian,  although the more i look at it the more im convinced its perseus, just with the brighter stars showing, say around mag5 limit?

48 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Left side of car park and up

no seriously in th region of Cassiopeia hope this helps

Vicky must been a good guess for the alignment the photo as been photoshopped 

You're getting there with that little camera Chris. Just keep choosing nice bright targets that only need relatively short exposures. Focus is key though, so just keep having a play.

Really looking forward to tonight's meeting. Hopefully we'll get a good turn out. I'm also looking forward to a pint or two afterwards :)

4 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

You're getting there with that little camera Chris. Just keep choosing nice bright targets that only need relatively short exposures. Focus is key though, so just keep having a play.

Really looking forward to tonight's meeting. Hopefully we'll get a good turn out. I'm also looking forward to a pint or two afterwards :)

or 3,4,5 or even 6 :) ive emailed the pub anyway Vicky to warn them that your supping tonight :)

Yea, im getting there with it, slowly but getting there none the less with it, just practice is all it is. Hopefully get a good turn out tonight, ill try and get there in good time

Archived