Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

The majority of last night was clear and again being on nights really isn't nice looking at all the stars just popping out. 

Not sure on the weather later as I've not looked but would be nice to get out. 

Qe are moving towards the new moon for next weekend and I have my Wales trip to catch up with a few of the 'Dob Mob'. Fingers crossed it will calm weather. I shall try my best to update 

Keep an eye on the thread for updates 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a disappointing week as far as the weather has been concerned. I've not managed to get out at all. However, I had a really good day over at WYAS yesterday for the Gary Palmer solar and DSO beginners imaging workshop. As well as picking up a lot of useful tips and information it was good to meet new people as well as catch up with some people I've met previously.

Now I'm looking at the pile of boxes and Astro gear in the conservatory and thinking that I really should make sure everything is in order. Plus, I need to start getting my camping gear together and work out how I'm going to get it all in the car!

Hope we get some decent skies over the coming week for our respective Astro camping trips, although I'm not sure it's looking too good at the moment. I'll have to make sure I take a couple of bottles of wine and a few beers just in case........

57 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

Might be so be clear skies tonight guys

Think I'll keep an eye on tge winscar weather although my S6 seems to be stuck and won't let me change the location on the web page at met check? 

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Think I'll keep an eye on tge winscar weather although my S6 seems to be stuck and won't let me change the location on the web page at met check? 

Keep me informed re: Winscar Damian if you are going tonight.

eric

Hope it stops clear tonight and that some of you manage a trip out to Winscar. I won't be able to join you this evening as, if it is clear, I need to have a test run with my CCD and filters and I won't have time to do what I need to do if I've to pack up all my gear and head down to Winscar. Think I'll need to set up at home and capitalise on the couple of hours I'll have available. Have a good night if you get out chaps :)

Archived