Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

Just now, powerlord said:

2nd clear night in a row. Ap - one of the few things that make winter more bearable 😁

M45 and ic342 are the current targets..

Screenshot_20231111_205456_IP Cam Viewer.jpg

Not for everyone. Rain. Again. It happened twice last night before midnight, continuing it was pointless. :(

IMG_20231110_232853.thumb.jpg.fcd0a61962e26e997b2b300314a94ce2.jpg

• Sad 4

Here's mine with the RedCat I bought last year having its second  "first light" - laziness and weather!  Set up around 1700 with clear sky, tonight's target M31. So far I have about 15 decent subs and  50 or so really close up photographs of clouds. Hey ho, I'm inside watching 1917 in the warmth :) 

Jim

thumbnail_IMG_2582.jpg

• Like 11

Well it turned out clearer later on in the night so not a total write off. Here's what I managed to achieve out of 100 sub at 120s. I'll say messed about with rather than "processed in " PixInsight then PS - I'm not a huge fan of processing :) 

Jim 

M31 Final Jpeg.jpeg

• Like 22

2 hours ago, saac said:

Well it turned out clearer later on in the night so not a total write off. Here's what I managed to achieve out of 100 sub at 120s. I'll say messed about with rather than "processed in " PixInsight then PS - I'm not a huge fan of processing :) 

Jim 

M31 Final Jpeg.jpeg

Absolutely love this M31 image, it seems very natural and like it would appear if eyes could gather enough light this is how it seems it would appear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Popped the FS-60Q out for a while and got some decent views of Jupiter, then I detected GRS coming round the corner and thought it worth popping the FC100DC out.

Very fine views, hopefully will get a chance to see it when it transits later on.

IMG_4045.jpeg

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

Popped the FS-60Q out for a while and got some decent views of Jupiter, then I detected GRS coming round the corner and thought it worth popping the FC100DC out.

Very fine views, hopefully will get a chance to see it when it transits later on.

Same going on here @Stu 😃

GRS is well on the disk now. 

FC100-DL with the rather good Svbony 3-8 zoom on setting 6 so 150x. Straight from the house and steady viewing. Nice 🙂

20231113_220350.thumb.jpg.a468b8827f4386ad09e5c044f5bb8c7f.jpg

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, John said:

Same going on here @Stu 😃

GRS is well on the disk now. 

FC100-DL with the rather good Svbony 3-8 zoom on setting 6 so 150x. Straight from the house and steady viewing. Nice 🙂

20231113_220350.thumb.jpg.a468b8827f4386ad09e5c044f5bb8c7f.jpg

Yes, lovely detail on show with GRS and other belt detail. The white feature on the bottom of the NEB is quite clear still too.

• Like 3

Out again with the 150 Maksutov  tonight capturing Jupiter again. Unfortunately I have a visitor coming round so I can’t capture it at its highest elevation. This is addictive as you keep chasing a better image than before.

B0E624CD-77F2-4768-9C9F-B2B2A426F7C0.thumb.jpeg.61fdb1080951e0bb0b71e3a1f51edb1e.jpeg

Edited by bosun21
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, globular said:

Yes! I NEED a snorkel parka. Perfect!

Yeah I bought this parka years ago initially because I needed a warm coat for Berlin winters and it is basically like wearing a down sleeping bag. I only realised later during an observing session that the hood trim folds over in such a way that you can use it to block out stray light as you can see! I am observing NGC 1778 in the photo 🙂

• Like 5

On 12/11/2023 at 23:04, saac said:

Jim 

M31 Final Jpeg.jpeg

I am not (and never will be) into imaging, but hats off to your superb image of M31!

Really detailed, clear and pure looking👍

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My ED120 on the Giro Ercole mount eyeing Saturn this evening. Simple setup. The Ercole is actually flat black rather than the dark blue that it seems to show as in the mobile phone camera 🙄

20231116_172011.thumb.jpg.1eccd8f3640c2c165cec05a21bae431e.jpg

Edited by John
  • Like 14

Jupiter 2 hours ago. The mount is an ancient Takahashi 90S which is overloaded with this payload, but it's what was handy because I keep it on the balcony under a tarp. I literally just plug it into a power bank (modded it to run off USB) and off we go. The mount is also grossly unbalanced - there really should be more weights on the CW shaft, but I don't have any more large 18mm bore counterweights.

Observing was OK, not great - even with glasses my eyes have different correction (much, much worse without glasses) and my binoviewers don't have individual focus.... (and yes, no finder.. neglected to put it on, so just eyeballed Jupiter using the knobs on the tube rings as "iron sights").

jupiter.jpg

Edited by orly_andico
  • Like 10

On 16/11/2023 at 01:07, badhex said:

Yeah I bought this parka years ago initially because I needed a warm coat for Berlin winters and it is basically like wearing a down sleeping bag. I only realised later during an observing session that the hood trim folds over in such a way that you can use it to block out stray light as you can see! I am observing NGC 1778 in the photo 🙂

Your Parka looks very stylish! We all got sent to school during Winter in the 1970's wearing this hideous outfit and bright orange on the inside!

Web capture_23-11-2023_12541_www.etsy.com.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5