Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

THE FAULKS 20" F4 DOB BUILD

faulksy

45 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Nice star testing results Mike and hope it went well. 

The Veil looked stunning through mine the other night and will have another glance in the dark skies of galloway tonight.

It's been a long journey and glad its culminated finally in a stunning deep sky  photon muncher. 

nicely put :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just ordered my name tag/plate for the dob to finish it off.

as some might know my self swampthing,estwing and mapster (DOBMOB) are going to skye for 7 days on the 26th of this month (10 sleeps left) this will test the dob out and i/we will report back on all our findings and lots and lots of pics, steve is bringing his proper camera as well so high resolution photos as well :icon_biggrin:

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, faulksy said:

just ordered my name tag/plate for the dob to finish it off.

as some might know my self swampthing,estwing and mapster (DOBMOB) are going to skye for 7 days on the 26th of this month (10 sleeps left) this will test the dob out and i/we will report back on all our findings and lots and lots of pics, steve is bringing his proper camera as well so high resolution photos as well :icon_biggrin:

Brilliant stuff Mike what's the nameplate made out of? 

Got a camera lined up for the Skye trip so loads of photos  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Brilliant stuff Mike what's the nameplate made out of? 

Got a camera lined up for the Skye trip so loads of photos  

thats great damian, plate is made from black plastic with red writing :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

@mapstar if you get 110 galaxies a night up in Skye, you'll be nearly finished - there can't possibly be more than 800 of them - you won't need to take it out again ;)

(in case you're interested William Hershel catalogued 2135 of them - nearly there Damian)

Edited by rockystar

57 minutes ago, rockystar said:

@mapstar if you get 110 galaxies a night up in Skye, you'll be nearly finished - there can't possibly be more than 800 of them - you won't need to take it out again ;)

(in case you're interested William Hershel catalogued 2135 of them - nearly there Damian)

Think I'll struggle on that one Lee but I like your thinking that it'll be clear every night :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you've kept some of that good weather for me - heading for Loch Rannoch in an hour for a week of peace and quiet before the onslaught of Christmas :grin:

Unfortunately I will only have my TV60 and IS Bins with me due to space restrictions :sad:

Cheers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, faulksy said:

sorry guys  forgot :icon_biggrin:

DSC_0376.jpg

travel version

DSC_0366.jpg

59 minutes ago, rockystar said:

it looks lovely, but boy it looks big - suppose that's the point though :)

Big scope means Big views ?. The Dob Mob moto seems to be Go Large or Go Home. And from anyone who has looked through a Large Dob then the views always seem to be ingrained in their minds, what a mind blowing experience it is compared to normal size scopes.  Aperture really does rule , especially when you have great dark sky's. And at the beginning of the week the sky's at Skye seem breathtaking .

I hope your back home home safe and sound lads. And we look forward to details of the next leg of the Dob Mob tour?

• Like 2