Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

25 minutes ago, rockystar said:

Sounds like it will be a good talk though, shame I live too far away :(

It will be a good talk by Richard as he was a visual guy for many years studying star charts by red light in the inky blackness.

I think he mainly does astro photography now. I have chatted to him a few times at galloway. Runs Kielder star party so does know where it is dark. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

You know me, I'll go with the flow...... Just know I'm going to be having a couple of beers, so I apologise for any of my comments in advance...... ;)

It's that Chris I worry about :eek:

8 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Looks like Soupies Email on the petition has resulted in a couple of signatures taking the wakefield area to 20.

It needs a little more campaigning to get there 

That might be my family. I put it on my FB again and my brother and sister-in-law have both signed it. In fact, my brother has e-mailed it around his workplace which is Featherstone based, so keep your eye out for an increase of numbers in that area too. We're all on it like a car bonnet! :)

Tried twice - email doesn't arrive... irritating. Shall persist...

On a (literally) brighter note - we may have just accidentally bought a 200P 8" Dob. *oops* :D

A very interesting and engaging meeting with our guest speaker Richard Darn providing much information on the dark skies that we have/do not have.

I really enjoyed it as it put into perspective the quality of skies we should all want.

Gteat curry and company afterwards and a good laugh.

13 hours ago, Marci said:

Tried twice - email doesn't arrive... irritating. Shall persist...

On a (literally) brighter note - we may have just accidentally bought a 200P 8" Dob. *oops* :D

Try try try again every signature is needed Marci.

20 hours ago, Marci said:

I wish my accidents were like that....:happy2:

Great talk last night, really interesting.

Remember the ironing chair conversation? Thought we'd try one... so went for this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000VJE5SI/ref=sr_ph?qid=1466244513&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=leifheit

S'just arrived - very sturdy, simple & effective. 13 adjustment positions between 40cm and 1.1m (I think). Should do the job nicely! Looking forward to less wobbly knees & less torture for my ridiculous spine next time we go out.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

S'rather mental...!

re: Thurs night & RC's riveting rambles thru darker skies... we often book a log cabin out up at Cropton / Keldy forest - it's one of the forestholidays.co.uk sites. Lovely up there, & the cabins sleep 6 to 8, with hot tubs n' log burners n' shiz.

Might make for a good off-peak group booking at some point...?

Looks just the job Marc.

Glad to see Tim back safe and sound - when you get him for one of your Thursday night meetings, I'll definitely make the effort for that ;-)

As for actually doing some observing: good job we are coming up to Full moon and shortest night, otherwise these clouds might start getting on my nerves.

Archived