NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mapstar said:

Brilliant day with the solar scopes showing the public our nearest star. The amount of wows we got was good to hear

Hurricane sounded and looked fantastic paying tribute to the people of Horbury for their contribution during WW11.

The gang turned out in force and many thanks to all for supporting what was an enjoyable (if sunburnt) day.

I look like I have been sat in front of a gas fire all day !!!!!

Haha, yes, I guess I've got a bit of a glow going on too :)

Well, the WADAS Facebook page has gained 3 new likes this evening. That is excellent and really shows the interest generated at the Horbury Show today. Very positive result. Great job gang!

Sorry we didn't make it. Scope was later than anticipated, but did appear in the end...

image.jpg

S'rather large against the 4.5"!! Flocked (or do they come like that normally?) and pre-fitted with Bob's Knobs top n bottom... unexpected bonii!

Certainly looks like a good turn out at Horbs from the FB pix - bravo!

lovely to meet up with everyone yesterday

sorry i couldnt hang around, but i took a couple of photos for posterity.

also, did anyone else go round that big inflatable colour orb thing at the show? It was fantastic - but didnt do my hangover much good.

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

2 hours ago, Marci said:

Sorry we didn't make it. Scope was later than anticipated, but did appear in the end...

image.jpg

S'rather large against the 4.5"!! Flocked (or do they come like that normally?) and pre-fitted with Bob's Knobs top n bottom... unexpected bonii!

Certainly looks like a good turn out at Horbs from the FB pix - bravo!

Bob's knobs is a proper bonus, cost me £50 to both primary and secondary with official bob's knobs.

I recently fitted a carry handle too, well worth it for me, as I put mine away in a bag after every session, so makes it much easier to get out and out away - not that I've had a chance to get it out since doing it.

2 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

someone has a 22 inch motor dob for sale £2000, well  worth it, if i could fit it in the car  lol, then again !!!!

eric

Already snooped it Eric. Hmmm 22" bino scope now thats a thought :grin:

2 hours ago, rockystar said:

Bob's knobs is a proper bonus, cost me £50 to both primary and secondary with official bob's knobs.

I recently fitted a carry handle too, well worth it for me, as I put mine away in a bag after every session, so makes it much easier to get out and out away - not that I've had a chance to get it out since doing it.

Nice solid scope for sure with good aperture & no messing with 2 sets of Allen keys  when collimating

1 minute ago, 2STAR said:

Nice solid scope for sure with good aperture & no messing with 2 sets of Allen keys  when collimating

And a screw driver.... Takes me less than a minute now to collimate it with the laser. 

Just waiting for laser to turn up so I can coll it...!

Tis missing it's lock bolts tho - just has the collim knobs. OK without, or better to have them in place?

image.jpg

28 minutes ago, Marci said:

Tis missing it's lock bolts tho - just has the collim knobs. OK without, or better to have them in place?

image.jpg

Marci, I dont know , but when I had my 8" dob the locking nuts didnt seem to make any difference at all, I still had to collimate near to each time I used it, and keep your eye om the laser also, some of the cheaper ones go off track easily I found out the hard way lol 

eric

15 hours ago, Marci said:

image.jpg

i wouldnt worry about it, as i dont think i have ever tightened the lock bolts up. Only time I did was whilst my colly laser was still in the tube and I found that the optics pinched and the collimation when out instantly...

since then they have always remained nearly unscrewed.

37 minutes ago, nicks90 said:

i wouldnt worry about it, as i dont think i have ever tightened the lock bolts up. Only time I did was whilst my colly laser was still in the tube and I found that the optics pinched and the collimation when out instantly...

Agree with Nick. Bin em :wink:

4 hours ago, nicks90 said:

Maybe I need to stop tightening mine up then. Do they not help to prevent the mirror from shifting about while you are swinging the scope around?

Archived