Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

7 hours ago, rockystar said:

How's the forecast looking for tomorrow night down at Winscar? A quick check of Clear Outside suggest an opportunity.

If there is a opportunuty count me in, i want any opportunity at any opportunistic time .

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rockystar said:

I'm going to check with the missus and pencil it in, then get really excited about going, then disappointed with the clouds. If I come, this time I'm staying until I see at least 2 stars!

Well if I am there you will see 2 star lol

Looking forward to my first ever NWAF meeting tomorrow. Only going for the Saturday but I have a VIP ticket which allows me into all the talks as well as being able to attend the supper and Q&A session tomorrow night. 

Wish I was there Sunday too, but maybe next year........ unless I decide to go back across again on Sunday lol

Driving over tonight and meeting Woozy in the hotel for a few drinks - we're going to be roomies for the night which will be fun.

Hope you get some clear skies tomorrow night. I'll keep an eye on here to see if anyone is out as I might pop down on the way home if it looks like it is going to be worth it :)

2 hours ago, nicks90 said:

is there any point going out as there is no astro darkness at this time of year.

There was quite a bit out last night and that was from the light polluted skies of work. Was nice to pick out some constellations. Should be a good glob night with Ophiucus being nicely positioned.

Saturn and Mars still hanging about too.

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

Hope you have a good time Vicky. Where are you going to hide your new Astro stuff this time :happy6: < -- this is Terry looking around for it lol 

Don't need any new astro stuff this time Mark. It was AstroFest in London that I ended up spending at last time lol. Think there will be trade stands there, but I'm not looking for anything new right now. Waiting to use the stuff I've already got :)

How are people feeling at the moment about tonight\tommorow down at Winscar? Clear Outside has a good forecast for both days, met office and bbc not quite as favourable but still a chance, and the site Marc posted looks like a couple of clear hours from about 11/11:30.

I'm keen to check out the effect flocking has had, as it's been about 6 weeks now since I looked through a telescope. If it's a go, I'd like to bring a friend of mine if no-one objects?

2 hours ago, rockystar said:

How are people feeling at the moment about tonight\tommorow down at Winscar? Clear Outside has a good forecast for both days, met office and bbc not quite as favourable but still a chance, and the site Marc posted looks like a couple of clear hours from about 11/11:30.

I'm keen to check out the effect flocking has had, as it's been about 6 weeks now since I looked through a telescope. If it's a go, I'd like to bring a friend of mine if no-one objects?

I am ok for Saturday night if its not too bad at Winscar

Checked my usuals and to be honest, neither night looks like having much luck for complete clarity. If it’s gonna happen tonight it’ll be 1 til 4am at best. Tomorrow’d be more doable for us, and more likely for better skies I reckon.

16 hours ago, rockystar said:

looking like tomorrow is going to be a better option. More time for the forecasters to change their minds.

from around 11-30 to 1-30 it was clear in Ossett, it was however very light but surprising enough quite a bit was showing through from the NE & South, and some bit of the North also through my 10x50 bino's.

eric

25 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

from around 11-30 to 1-30 it was clear in Ossett, it was however very light but surprising enough quite a bit was showing through from the NE & South, and some bit of the North also through my 10x50 bino's.

eric

I was at work and I'd popped out quite a few times. It looked very dark around 3am so should be o.k.

At present yhe weather does not look much good. I've not checked for later so fingers crossed. 

It was clear hear at 10:30, as the wife was going to bed - but still light. By the time she was gone, the clouds had started to drift in, so I gave iit half an hour to see if it cleared; it rained!

Hoping for more success tonight, I'm going to head down there for about 10:30 - unless it looks like rain.

Archived