Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter With The C8 HD Scope 06/04/16 . Best Yet.

Grotemobile

Took this last Night. A 3 min run on Jupiter.19k worth of frames in Raw 8 mode.

Ended up with 4k. The ZWO cam was running at 140fps. Histogram was at 50%. 

Having no Jet Stream overhead really make a difference. Best I have ever seen

here, on the South Coast. All about conditions.

JPR  06-04-16_conv_Drizzle15_22_40_24Z_pipp_g3_b3_ap39.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's much better Steve, you can really notice the difference, nice one. 3 minutes seem to be ok, I've only been doing videos up to 2 minutes.

Conditions here have worsened, imaging data from last night poor.

I downloaded Winjupos last night to have a practice with for capturing that extra detail, even though Jupiter has past prime imaging and getting lower every night.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Dave said:

ZWO ASI cameras capture much higher frames rates per second and seem to be the imager of choice Chris. The best bang for buck on the market atm I think.

Only if your computer can keep up :grin:

Dave

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-17-3-Inch-Leopard-Gaming-Notebook/dp/B01A9ETEW6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_14?ie=UTF8&dpID=41VRNC4aYAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0PD7WG6KPRVZW43SYJ8N

Hi. Thanks for all the comments. This is the lappie I am using. There was no point in buying the cam,

& using the  10 year old  laptop. Over 1k spent on this & the cam . It really does kick butt on imaging.

It just seems to be luck this hobby, & the seeing conditions . Right place, right time.:happy9:.

2 hours ago, Aussie Dave said:

That's much better Steve, you can really notice the difference, nice one. 3 minutes seem to be ok, I've only been doing videos up to 2 minutes.

Conditions here have worsened, imaging data from last night poor.

I downloaded Winjupos last night to have a practice with for capturing that extra detail, even though Jupiter has past prime imaging and getting lower every night.

Hi Dave . Just had a look @ Winjupos. A lot to take in. :eek::eek: What U call, good bed time reading, mate.:thumbsup::hello:

Very nice indeed. I tend to keep the frame rate a bit lower (exposure-time bounded), running at 80 FPS to keep the photon count per frame up. I should try running it faster and see what happens. The most important bits for maintaining the high frame rates are the USB 3.0 interface and the use of a solid state disk (SSD). A fast processor is mainly useful for getting good stacking speeds. I use an ASUS UX305 Zenbook, with 128 GB SSD. That is a bit small, especially for my crazy solar and lunar data grabs, so I got myself a Samsung T1 500GB external USB SSD, which can max out the USB 3.0 bus and sustain that. Full frame ASI174MM sessions at 128FPS are routine, by now. We live in wonderful times.

2 hours ago, Grotemobile said:

Hi Dave . Just had a look @ Winjupos. A lot to take in. :eek::eek: What U call, good bed time reading, mate.:thumbsup::hello:

Hey Steve. I've just had a couple of hours playing around with Winjupos tonight and it's not as daunting as it looks. I only tested it on 6 stacked images with some success, video is a little more involved. For single stacked images from your set of videos for the night, it only involves entering and using some settings in 2 of the tabs. It's no different to any other piece of astro software. Well worth looking in to.

55 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Very nice indeed. I tend to keep the frame rate a bit lower (exposure-time bounded), running at 80 FPS to keep the photon count per frame up. I should try running it faster and see what happens. The most important bits for maintaining the high frame rates are the USB 3.0 interface and the use of a solid state disk (SSD). A fast processor is mainly useful for getting good stacking speeds. I use an ASUS UX305 Zenbook, with 128 GB SSD. That is a bit small, especially for my crazy solar and lunar data grabs, so I got myself a Samsung T1 500GB external USB SSD, which can max out the USB 3.0 bus and sustain that. Full frame ASI174MM sessions at 128FPS are routine, by now. We live in wonderful times.

So you definitely need a SSD?? *faceplants*

When will the expense ever end :huh2:

9 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

That's looking great Steve, really nice detail :) I didn't know you could get away with 3 minutes but you obviously can. I've only been doing 90 seconds thinking that was the max.

Hi Chris. I normally only do 120 seconds. But conditions were so good last night, I thought I would give it try. I have got a few more 2 minute

downloads to go through yet. The frame rate I got, was very high last night .One of my best night this year.

20 hours ago, Aussie Dave said:

ZWO ASI cameras capture much higher frames rates per second and seem to be the imager of choice Chris. The best bang for buck on the market atm I think.

yes I know ive got a 174mc. never get 140fps

ZWO ASI 185MC Camera  Is  the camera I am using. I would never get 140fps with my old USB 2  laptop. This is a gaming lappie I am using, with USB 3. That is were U get the speed from Chris.

1 hour ago, chrisg18 said:

yes I know ive got a 174mc. never get 140fps

Cracking image!  I especially like it as it's got all the details in it I was picking up whilst sketching on the same night. Always good to see an actual image to confirm that you're really seeing the details and not imagining them! 

image.jpeg

Archived