NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New OMC 250 set up

lunator

Here are the pics of the new scope set up.

Orion Optics OMC250 Hi-lux.

Here it is in the crate.

6641_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The GPD2 Head

6642_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Setup on the patio and aligning finderscope using Polaris

6645_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

First Light Alcor & Mizar

6646_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers

Ian

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks SOoooo! nice Ian. In the box and out of it. Me!, I would still be tansfixed and staring at it, the anticipation welling up. There is a lot of good reports going to be coming in from you when you are fully set up and running. I hope it gives you a great deal of satisfactory astronomy.

I't's very hard to imagine it wouldn't of course.

Best wishes mate.

Ron. :grin:

Hi,

Can I ask, is that an Orion Optics pier? Looks exactly the same as mine but mine is green.

If so, where did you get the adapter plate to mount the head, I want to be able to put a Heq5 pro onto mine,

My pier has an inside diameter of 95mm

Cheers :salute:

GK

If you go on the OO website it ist out all the options. They won't sell HEQ5 head as they don't supply Skywatcher stuff.

The pedestal adapter for the GP-D2 is £39 so I'm sure you could get someone to make one for less to fit the HEQ5

Cheers

Ian

:shock:

nice scope looks the business hope that you get some lovely clear sky though i feel that the great british weather will strike you down like it did me

enjoy

p.s. that is a good looking mount but i thought that it would be a little light for that scope?

Archived