Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGLXI - Thank you!

Grant

Thank you to everyone who came to SGLXI - you all made it a fantastic event and it was great to catch up with old friends and to meet some new ones as well.

Extra special thanks go to:

Daz - Thank you for helping with the organisation side of things but also, being a great host to us all throughout the weekend and ensuring things like the tea tent was up, well stocked and put away and tidied up at the end - things like this make the event better for all of us but can often go overlooked or taken for granted.

Michael - Super quiz on the Friday night, it was fantastic having the majority of the attendees all in one place like that. It really added to the atmosphere of the whole weekend and I hope we can do something similar in future.

Rik - Thank you for putting together and organising the workshops, this takes a lot of time and effort behind the scenes and it was greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks also to all of the people who ran a workshop, I heard lots of really positive feedback about these and hopefully this is something we can expand for next time (we are working on a better venue for these too :) )

Finally - thank you Lucksall, you did us proud again - the camp site was in excellent condition and we were extremely well looked after as always - a great curry on the Friday we definitely plan to repeat in the future.

We are already working on the plans for SGLXII and hope to have some details and dates announced shortly.

Until next time!

Cheers,

Grant

This was my first ever star party. I am so new to Astronomy I barely know which end of the scope to look through. 

I would like to thank everyone involved in the organisation of this wonderful event, you should all be very proud of yourselves, bringing so much joy to so many people. It was, in my humble opinion, nothing short of superb. 

On a more personal level, I would like to particularly thank Rik, Haydn, Martin b, Adrian and Julian, for all of their patience and help given to me directly.

lastly I would like to thank every single attendee for their kindness and friendship which made me feel so welcome as a new member of the group. 

I sincerely believe that I could not have chosen a better group of people to spend my first star party with.

thank you and we'll done to each and every one of you. 

Sincerely

Bob

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone.   To Grant and Daz for organising the event, putting something together like that is always a challenge.  Also I'd like to say thank you to those people who put on workshops and talks as well as things like that really help to make the events special.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone for the fun friendly atmosphere for the entire week.  That made the week something very memorable.

Hello All

I too would like to thank everyone involved in arranging yet another fantastic SGL Event.

It was great to meet old friends again and yet again make some new ones! What a fantastic social event guys, great banter and great company!

Not long ago arrived home here on the island and about to unpack some of the  gear out of the camper!

Thanks again guys for making me feel most welcome yet again!

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

Brilliant job as always just need to work off those breakfasts I had now lol, thanks to everyone it was another great event & I thoroughly enjoyed it. Already looking forward to the next event can't wait!!!

:( I knew I forgot somebody - thank you for Mark for liaising with the campsite, acting as our forward scout on the ground and being there to welcome people during the week :)

Archived