Hello from a young Swede

FredrikP

Hello guys! Fredrik here.

I'm an 18 year old guy from Sweden who has been doing astrophotography for about a year, and photography in general for about another 6 months.

I think I've been progressing reasonably fast, mostly because I've spent a lot of time lurking forums and other communities (such as reddit and SGL, of course). 

If anyone's interested, my gear currently consists of a Skywatcher Evostar ED80 doublet refractor, Losmandy GM8 mount, Sony NEX-5T camera and a QHY5L-II Mono coupled with my 50 mm finderscope for guiding. I primarily shoot deep sky, though I've captured a few lunar shots as well. Currently I've only been able to do 2 minute long subs, but I've been getting suprisingly decent results with it. I plan on reaching at least 10 minute solid exposures during the coming year (the PoleMaster from QHYCCD looks very promising)! 

Here is one of the images I've created during the past year. I believe it consists of around 150*30 second subs, 30 darks and 30 bias frames. I'm saving my best ones for separate posts though, if that's okay! :) Also, what's the best way to attach images? I tried using the image upload in the post, but even though my image size was around 300kb it didn't work... If this is incorrect I'll edit the post and find a better solution:

qp71EiB.jpg

Looking forward to getting to know this forum a bit better!

- Fredrik

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Fredrik - nice image.  I just do visual, but can appreciate the efforts of you astrophotographers.

(In passing - I visited Malmo many years ago - also a village on the Baltic near Karlshamm(?).  The sea sure was cold!  Lovely country!)

Doug.

Wow, thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome and kind replies! I truly appreciate it. :)

@cloudsweeper Ah, yeah! I have cousins living in Malmö. Sweden is a nice country indeed, I'm glad to be living here (though the sun barely sets in the summer :happy8:). 

@Linda Hej, så trevligt! Yeah, it's a nice little telescope, I love it. Not the best for visual use (though definitely not bad!) but does the job really well when it comes to imaging.

Thanks again everyone! 

Archived