SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Bergen, Norway

Cec

Hi guys, just wanted to say hello!

Just became a member here, because I've used this forum to read tips etc. A lot of good information here :icon_biggrin:

Got my first scope last summer and started doing some photography about 5 weeks ago. These two images are taken with my first telescope Skywatcher Mercury 705 AZ3 (the moon is a single shot, the Orion nebula is a stack of 137 images I think it was).

Now I'm waiting for my new scope; Skywatcher Explorer 130P- DS Eq3 Pro Goto. Am really exited about getting the goto function so that I can take longer exposures than the 1.3 sec I got with my Mercury 705.

Måne.PNG

OrionNeb.PNG

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello from the Oslo region. Welcome to the site. There is another forumer here from Bergen.

Do Goto telescopes also track? I thought that was separate functionality, but have no experience with those functions.

Hi Linda

Welcome to the forum. Clad to see you have an interest in photographing nebula. Have been waiting weeks in the UK for a clear night. If you get the chance have a look at the Andromeda galaxy that can be very impressive. The little icon on the left was my first attempt at it.

Ken   

Hello and thanks @KRYPTON and @Mr Spock :)

@KRYPTON Have spotted Andromeda, but with my current scope I can't get a decent image :hmh: So hoping to get my new scope by the end of next week and have a better look at it.
No fun with cloudy skies, I know all about it (Bergen is known as a rainy place!), hope it clears up soon for the both of us!

Hi and welcome cec.

Maybe show us a single sub of your orion. I think there is more possible with that much subs and we can give you some tips. Also tell us something about your camera and the used Software.

Thanks for your nice comment about my color moon.

Carsten

Celestron Mak127 Alt/Azm Goto, Nikon5100

My Astrophotos: https://goo.gl/photo...794VnbNKKwXzdv7

2 hours ago, calli said:

Hi and welcome cec.

Maybe show us a single sub of your orion. I think there is more possible with that much subs and we can give you some tips. Also tell us something about your camera and the used Software.

Thanks for your nice comment about my color moon.

Carsten

Celestron Mak127 Alt/Azm Goto, Nikon5100

My Astrophotos: https://goo.gl/photo...794VnbNKKwXzdv7

Hi! Some help would be great, I'll post some more info here when I get home :) 

Archived