Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 from 2 nights ago

JR1987

Gave M45 a try the other night.. Im reasonably happy with how it came out.. Although I do feel like noise hindered the processing a bit.

This is my 3rd or 4th image since starting imaging (not counting the terrible, awful initial learning shots!)

20x150s Lights 10xDarks 10xBias

Criticism welcome!

12341508_10153847756727848_7268974297423

Brilliant image and I aspire to be able to replicate it one day.

Did you use your Canon?

What settings did you use? 

I take single images and have never guided, stacked or processed yet so I have a lot to learn.

Need to get a decent laptop first as I'm not allowed to use my employers one.

Thanks,

M

Brilliant image and I aspire to be able to replicate it one day.

Did you use your Canon?

What settings did you use? 

I take single images and have never guided, stacked or processed yet so I have a lot to learn.

Need to get a decent laptop first as I'm not allowed to use my employers one.

Thanks,

M

I shot these at ISO1600 - I did do a set the night before of ISO800.. But I didnt take the darks, Im doing that now!

Really, I kinda wish id not given in and carried on at iso800 over the second night.. You think noise wont bother you, then you start to process and it really does! 

Lovely capture of M45, one of my favourite targets but very hard to do it justice due to the high dynamic range.

Criticism? Only that maybe you could push the data a little harder to reveal more nebulous areas? The background looks quite dark?

Phil

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I shot these at ISO1600 - I did do a set the night before of ISO800.. But I didnt take the darks, Im doing that now!

Really, I kinda wish id not given in and carried on at iso800 over the second night.. You think noise wont bother you, then you start to process and it really does!

I recently tried without darks. I also use a Canon. I find the when using 80-100 subs and dithering I get good results without darks. Great shot by the way!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Archived