SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC1396

Wieben

Hi guys,

The weather here in Denmark has been challenging for weeks with no proper clear nights. I managed to capture some data of IC1396 back in August and September, and was waiting for clear nights to gather more exposures. With limited captures of OIII and SII, I did a processing as a test of the available data and ended up with a much cleaner result than expected. I'll probably move on to a new object at the next clear night.

Thanks for watching.

HA: 34x10 minutes bin1x1
OIII: 6x15 min bin2x2
SII: 5x15 min bin2x2​

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13559902/IC1396%20full%20AF.jpg

IC1396%20AF.jpg

Thank you. I really appreciate your comments.

Still learning how to process/combine narrow band in PS. With the poor weather it sometimes feels like starting over again with the long gap between objects. Now just waiting for a clear moonless night dedicated to OIII for the crescent nebula. Got 6 hours Ha ready.

@Paulo: Thanks, Yes, I'm using a corrector - Skywatchers applanatic coma corrector. I think it works slightly better than the standard SW coma corrector with roughly 5-10% better FWHM.

Archived