Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_smartphones.thumb.jpg.2c4c8c071da4f18cb4d5b9abc11d6e7b.jpg

Soupy

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

astrotyke    1,327

I got a clear sky alert today from astro panel, hope you get clear skies

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Soupy    2,053

Meeting tonight with Woozy Dewsy, doing her thing on astrobiology! Please feel free to come and join us. Starts at 7.30 Horbury Academy, followed by curry afterwards at Cinnamon Lounge, Horbury Bridge. Meeting free to all members Non members will be charged our normal fee of £3. (Curry not included ;) )

• Like 1

Soupy    2,053

Meeting Thursday this week is more of an Astro social event.

Bring along your EPs for cleaning, your scopes for collimating and your questions for answering! Old, new and potential members welcome, this is a free event for all!

Usual time 7.30 at Horbury Academy.

Edited by Soupy
  • Like 1

rockystar    1,284

What time do you normally go on until?

I might try and see if I can get out of bedtime duties and come along, show my face and meet some of you; but I probably won't be able to get there until 8pm.

• Like 1

astrotyke    1,327

Meeting Thursday this week is more of an Astro social event.

Bring along your EPs for cleaning, your scopes for collimating and your questions for answering! Old, new and potential members welcome, this is a free event for all!

Usual time 7.30 at Horbury Academy.

I cant make it this Thursday as im in Bradford that evening. Hope its a good evening for you all

Vicky050373    2,706

What time do you normally go on until?I might try and see if I can get out of bedtime duties and come along, show my face and meet some of you; but I probably won't be able to get there until 8pm.

We usually finish around 9.30pm, however it may be a bit earlier this week depending on how things go. Some of us usually head for a pint to the local afterwards, so it would be worth you popping over, and it'd be nice to meet you :)

mapstar    5,729

I'll be there unless things have changed at work when I get back tomorrow.

Soupy isn't able to attend due to child care so someone else not quite as adept at opening the evening will be doing it!

Soupy    2,053

I'll be there unless things have changed at work when I get back tomorrow.

Soupy isn't able to attend due to child care so someone else not quite as adept at opening the evening will be doing it!

I'm sure that particular person will do a great job! ;)

Ryan P    313

I will be attending. Will be up for a pint as well [emoji106]

• Like 2

Soupy    2,053

Just to note a slight change of time for tomorrow night.

There is a parents evening finishing at 7.00 but all things being equal it will probably run late, I'm talking from experience.

Therefore we have been requested not to start arriving until after 7.15 as the car park might be busy!

I propose starting the meeting at 7.45 to give the school time to finish the parents evening, please wait in the reception till 7.30 if you arrive early.

• Like 1

rockystar    1,284

Is the meeting at Horbury Academy? Do you have the postcode please?

Thanks

Soupy    2,053

It is indeed at Horbury Academy Lee. postcode is WF4 5HE.

• Like 1

Mark62    1,457

So it is straight to the pub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mapstar    5,729

Looking forward to the meeting and meeting our new members

Damian

• Like 1

Ryan P    313

Sorry folks. Gonna give tonight a miss. I've come down with the terrible man flu and feel like death warmed up! Wouldn't really be fair passing it on to you lot either.

mapstar    5,729

Not sure If I will make it this evening either. Depends on what time I get home and how knackered I am.

Matt.

No worries I'm often very tired at the meetings lol!

gtis    676

Sorry I too can't make it tonight something as cropped up

Neil

mapstar    5,729

Great meeting if just a social one. Nice to meet Lee and spend some time chatting.

Hopefully all meet up again soon.

Damian

• Like 2

Soupy    2,053

Don't forget Saturday is observing night, weather might not play ball though. Keep an eye and let us all know if you fancy a trip out.

• Like 1

mapstar    5,729

I'll be there if the weather is kind, Scopeless but I need to dust the star chart off.

• Like 1

Mark62    1,457

Sorry I won't be out off for some r&r in Norfolk for a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicky050373    2,706

Unfortunately, I won't be around on Saturday evening as it is my mate's birthday. Hope the weather is kind for anyone having a trip out :)