Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep21_banner.thumb.jpg.d744e66b98367f1c5d57b7966c303f1b.jpg

Soupy

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

Got a busy weekend so I doubt ill be there unfortunately, though I am still scopeless so I wouldn't be missing too much. Will see you guys at the meeting on Thursday though.

Matt.

I won't be able to make it either. I'll keep my eyes on the weather and put a shout out on FB if you're all going. Are you looking at Winscarr or Overton?

Got a busy weekend so I doubt ill be there unfortunately, though I am still scopeless so I wouldn't be missing too much. Will see you guys at the meeting on Thursday though.

Matt.

I'm on nights so won't be attending sorry to say

Weather report seems to have changed. Now looking at heavy rain with 50 mph winds... Might not be a good idea!

Weather is not looking good for tomorrow night, although the British weather is known to be somewhat changeable!

Edited by Vicky050373

Apologies to every one the weather has again let us down.

Don't forget it's our Christmas Quiz tonight. Thursday 3rd 7.30 at Horbury Academy.

Plenty of astro choccies to be won! ;)

• Like 2

Don't forget it's our Christmas Quiz tonight. Thursday 3rd 7.30 at Horbury Academy.

Plenty of astro choccies to be won! ;)

I'll be there, might even remember my membership form this time!

Matt.

Hope you all have a good night as you know I'm away so won't be there. It's the first meeting Iv missed since I joined last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes hope you all have a good chocolate filled evening.

Think their may be more even distribution of chocolate this year as one of last year's very greedy winners is on nights so won't be attending!

Damian

• Like 2

All ready for tonight, I also have 2 signed books as prizes for the quiz from Mark Thompson and Will Gater.

Vicky

I will be at the Christmas curry event on the 17th

Damian

• Like 1

If anyone is going to winscar Tuesday evening  (weather permitting) plz let me know, I take one of my grandsons to soccer training at Horbury Academy, it finishes at 8pm, so would be around 8-45 when I set off for winscar.

Eric

• Like 1

I may make the trip up straight after work arriving at around 9pm

Damian

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1

I will be at the Christmas curry event on the 17th

Damian

I am also going to curry night what time is it booked for ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is going to winscar Tuesday evening (weather permitting) plz let me know, I take one of my grandsons to soccer training at Horbury Academy, it finishes at 8pm, so would be around 8-45 when I set off for winscar.

Eric

Weather permitting I will be attending tomorrow night. 8.45 sounds like a decent time for me too. Fingers crossed the weather is something like!

I may make the trip up straight after work arriving at around 9pm

Damian

I might be able to get up for around 8-00 8-30

Neil

• Like 1

I'll be there for the curry:)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

It's upto everyone but I reckon the car park higher up may be a bit windy. Will it be more sheltered down by the reservoir car park?

Ryan is that the big carpark which double backs on itself

Neil

It's the one with the large trees to the east which does slighty hinder the east view. However it may pay off due to the fairly high winds expected. The other car park through dunford bridge is higher up and exposed to the wind.

there was a map kicking around somewhere with both car parks marked on. can we make that a sticky post on the the forum somewhere? Might just help people when the carparks get discussed.

Edited by astrotyke
  • Like 1

there was a map kicking around somewhere with both car parks marked on. can we make that a sticky post on the the forum somewhere? Might just help people when the carparks get discussed.

This would be useful as I've never been there before.

Matt.

• Like 1